Who's this Maestro D' dude I keep hearing about

• 22 Replies
Re: Who's this Maestro D' dude I keep hearing about
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 08:40:42 PM »
When it comes to Apocalypse World - to do it, do it.  Remember the Miller postulate - if you don't bring it, you can't have it.  That said, the last time I asked someone for a playbook, their reply was, "what do you have to trade?"  That got me thinking, if I don't generate some cool to trade, how will I get any hot in return?  The simple idea of trading prompted me to make some cool content. 

[As mentioned above,  I've been planning on eventually laminating a set of playbooks as well]

noofy

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 09:42:48 PM »
So....
Lets make the holds bustling market!
Start a new thread with some barter and propose some exchange. If you're cooler, harder, wierder, hotter or sharper than the rest of us, you may come out ahead.

Just a thought.

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 09:57:36 PM »
I actually had success with "Hey, you've got the [zomgexclusive] playbook, right? I'll run a game in which you can actually try one out in exchange for getting a copy."

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2010, 06:12:47 AM »
I actually had success with "Hey, you've got the [zomgexclusive] playbook, right? I'll run a game in which you can actually try one out in exchange for getting a copy."
That's a really cool idea.

It would be cool if there was something on http://apocalypse-world.com/ that listed all the new character playbooks (just blurbs, maybe the picture, and when/where it was available) that have been put out, just so it's easier to get a handle when you're reading AP reports and the like.

(I guess it also shows that the game is being 'supported' for the people who care about that sort of thing.)

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2010, 11:57:59 AM »
Not that it makes much odds, but doesn't Brett hold the copyright on the Faceless playbook?

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2010, 03:46:35 PM »
Not that it makes much odds, but doesn't Brett hold the copyright on the Faceless playbook?
Probably at least for some/most of it, yeah.  I dunno if it was ever anything "official" or "legally binding" but I'd gotten the impression that he more or less "gave" it to Vincent to do with as he wished.  I "like" quotation marks.

Simon

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2010, 05:06:15 PM »
If there's one issue I have with the "exclusivity" of some playbooks, it's the fact that I'll probably never be able to get my hands on a copy of some due to my geographical isolation from, well, America. I gained the Maestro D' by being a playtester, but the Faceless will essentially always be out of my grasp because I wasn't in America when it was being handed out, and will most likely never have a chance to play/trade with someone who has it.

So as much as these ideas for trading keeping in the spirit of the "fundamental scarcity" of Apocalypse World, just keep in mind that there might be folk like me who'll probably never get a chance to join in the fun.

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2010, 05:54:06 PM »
So as much as these ideas for trading keeping in the spirit of the "fundamental scarcity" of Apocalypse World, just keep in mind that there might be folk like me who'll probably never get a chance to join in the fun.
Which is exactly why I don't like it as well.  They are cool and awesome, and I, personally, think everyone who loves Apocalypse World should get to see and play with that awesome.