The Touchstone

• 35 Replies
Re: The Touchstone
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2011, 06:43:13 PM »
I'll trade you, say, Living God and Wurm, for Catalyst and Loner.

(My email ought to be public in my profile.)

Orion

« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
This was a move my MC introduced last game, which my psycho Angel used to great effect.

When you get high with the Children of Chrome, roll +cool

on a 10+ you get +1 ongoing to Weird rolls for the rest of the scene. 
on a 7-9, same, but you get -1 ongoing to everything else until you sleep
on a 6 or lower, I'll tell you what happens, and I promise you're not going to like it.

(The Children of Chrome were the followers of the Hocus, who was terrified of me but needed my med skills.  I didn't much care for them, but ended up needing every edge I could get. I started with Visions of Death and Infirmary, then picked up Healing Touch and lost, and later changed to a brainer with In-Brain puppet strings.

Basically, I summoned people to my lab, tied them down and gave them orders.  I was eventually going to set up a shack in the barrens and become a sort of norn or fate.  When the game ended, I had just transplanted a ghost and was gearing up to duel some druids.)   

« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2011, 06:21:48 PM »
Hope you like it Framweard.

Cannibalism
If a player would find himself trying to do such a despicable act as this role+weird.
On 10+ you manage to satisfy your hunger without any penalties. 7-9 you manage to satisfy your hunger but the MC selects one.

- What have I done?! You will feel a shit about what you did, you should, and  therefore get - 1 ongoing until you've done a good deed to compensate for your crime agianst nature.

- It's not funny! You contaminated by something, you should not have eaten the brain you twisted fuck! Now something have reached into your brain. You get -1 cool until an angel fixes you, you try holding your shit together while something munches at your brain. Plus you take one harm.

- She was dead when I found her! Someone saw what you did, MC choose who and it can be a player or NPC.

The only playbook I have is the 'quarantine' one. Any other books would be very appreciated.

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »
Why don't you lot shoot me an email? My email should be in my profile, but otherwise it's:

joey dot richards, and it's a gmail address.

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »
I've sent an email to you now :)

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 07:22:48 PM »
I'm a late adopter since I moved away from my old MC. So I have the Touchstone and I'm willing to trade with anyone who can help me attain The other books. In particular Maestro'D, Quarantine and Hoarder.

Please E-mail me if you're interested.