Introducing: the Scrapper

• 18 Replies
Re: Introducing: the Scrapper
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 06:07:17 AM »
I was thinking about incorporating this playbook in my game. Our skinner loves to scavenge the ruins and in fact his entire wardrobe is trash I thought this would be a neat option if he wanted to change playbooks.

However, since I've already kind of established that Scavenging the Ruins is not an exclusive move i came up with this one let me know what you think.

I Know Just Where to Look: when you want to scavenge to the ruins but need a place to do so roll+sharp on a 10+ you know where to look. On a 7-9 you know where but…(choose 1)
It’s hard to get to
It’s inhabited
It’s infected
It's a shit location

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 01:06:30 PM »
Awesome! I haven't had a chance to play this, so if you use, let me know how it goes. My only thought on your move is that I'm a big fan of "on a 10, pick 3 (or 2), on a 7-9 pick 1" type of moves, as that means the situation is always challenging (not boring), but the player gets a say in how it goes well. So I'd probably flip it around where you pick 3 or 1 and make it stuff like "it's not a crap location" and "it's not inhabited" and such. Unless you're planning on this snowballing into the regular scavenging roll.

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
I totally see where you're coming from and I agree. even looking at the scavenge the ruins move you choose how much trouble you want with it or if making some trouble is worth finding something hi-tech or valuable. how's this look:

I Know Just Where to Look: when you want to scavenge to the ruins but need a place to do so roll+sharp on a 10+ choose 3 On a 7-9 (choose 1)
You have little trouble getting there
It’s not inhabited
It’s not infected
It's has few environmental hazards

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 08:16:01 PM »
Hi every one!
I really like this dude, but I think he's got to have a donkey, oh yeah! So what about that one:

My only true pal: you now have a donkey who, somehow, always manages to escape harm. If it accompanies you when:
- you act under fire, take +1
- you think you saw that somewhere, take +1
- They'd be crazy to follow you there, take +1

I've never made up a move before, so I'm not sure if it would work.