Hardholder hold size seperate from gang?

• 5 Replies
Hardholder hold size seperate from gang?
« on: February 24, 2011, 10:09:11 PM »
Does the size of the hold (75-150 souls) include the gang (30 mean dudes/chicks) or are they seperate i.e. I have a hold of 150 souls AND a gang of 30 guys?

noofy

Re: Hardholder hold size seperate from gang?
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2011, 10:30:48 PM »
"A hardholders gang is part of her holding" p.252

We've been playing that part of the population is the gang, they are'nt additional.
Vx?

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2011, 10:50:28 PM »
I'm cooking up a hardholder myself and thought about this issue.  If I go for a large gang then it's basically half or more of all the people in my hardhold.  I was thinking about having my gang be restricted based on gender, which would mean that pretty much every single woman in my hardhold is part of my gang.

There's some implications there that are making me mull it over, despite how initially neat it sounds.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 11:38:44 AM »
which would mean that pretty much every single woman in my hardhold is part of my gang.
Only if fifty percent of the population is female after the Apocalypse.

Chris

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 12:30:16 PM »
Yeah, we had this issue with a player where he dropped the size of his hold all the way down and brought the size of his gang all the way up and now he's a chopper with wealth. Because everyone in the hold is in the gang.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

lumpley

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 03:04:12 PM »
As MC, I always leave it to the player's interpretation.

"Hey Vincent, does my gang already count in my population size, or is it additional?"
"Your call, I'm cool either way."