Piers

Angel kits
« on: June 20, 2010, 10:07:30 PM »
To use an angel kit to revive someone who’s died (at 12:00, not
beyond): roll+stock spent. On a 10+, they recover to 10:00. On
a 7–9, they recover to 11:00. On a miss, they die unless you’re
willing and able to spend an additional 1-stock, in which case
they recover to 11:00.

I'm unsure about the last option.  Isn't it almost always better (32/36) better to spend 0 stock than 1 stock?

lumpley

Re: Angel kits
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 10:37:32 PM »
Oh god damn it.

Thanks, Piers! Very good catch.

-Vincent

Piers

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 11:07:47 PM »
How about:

"On a miss, they are dead and that's the end of it--unless you’re
willing and able to spend an additional 1-stock, in which case
they are still at 12:00 and will need to take a debility to survive"?

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 03:04:34 PM »
Official correction:

On a miss, you've done all you can do, and they're still dead.

-Vincent

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2010, 07:51:17 PM »
Without biostabs and chemostabs, how do Angels attempt to cure diseases and other "ongoing non-wounds", now? Or is it just "get an infirmary and work it out"?

lumpley

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 08:14:09 PM »
Oh crap!

-Vincent

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 11:41:41 PM »
Well, if I was going to do it, as a first stab:

Roll +stock spent. On a 10+, they're fixed, fine and dandy. On a 7-9, choose one:

* The angel is exposed to the disease. (Don't choose for noncontagious stuff, or if the angel's fixing themselves.)
* The cure's got some unpleasant side effects. The MC will tell you what, something equivalent of -1 ongoing to certain types of rolls for a day or two.
* You've got a temporary remission of symptoms (for a day or two), but it'll take one more stock by then to fully fix the problem.

lumpley

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 06:29:53 PM »
I remember now. I made a plan, and followed through on only half of it.

The half I followed through on: don't worry about diseases and other non-wound afflictions in the angel playbook.

The half I didn't follow through on: instead, talk about them in the fronts chapter.

Every disease-type threat should have a custom move for when an angel treats it. I chose the example front on purpose for its parasite, so that I could include an appropriate custom angel move, and then forgot to include one!

-Vincent

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 06:35:03 PM »
Hey, should angels have a special move like "When you treat an injury, take +1 to the roll, in addition to whatever stock you spend," ?

It just occurred to me now that angels aren't inherently better at using their medkits than anyone else.

Maybe I'm forgetting something.

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 08:47:22 PM »
It just occurred to me now that angels aren't inherently better at using their medkits than anyone else.
I've been wondering about that, too, John.  Angel's start with a nice big kit, but aside from that. . .

Actually, I just reviewed and I think there are 3 things that make them good medics:
1) They start with a nice big Angel kit.
2) The Healing Touch move.  It lets them heal without having a kit on hand.
3) The Infirmary move.  Get's them a workspace with life support that allows them to "work on [patients] like a savvyhead on tech."  Now, I'm not entirely sure what this means.  I'm guessing it means an angel with an infirmary uses the rules under the savvyhead workspace, though I find this somewhat confusing for people and it doesn't call for any rolls as far as I can see. . .

So I may be missing something too.

lumpley

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 10:59:54 PM »
Savvyheads aren't especially good at using their workspaces either.

If play develops in such a way that you need to protect or promote an angel like that, my recommendation would be a custom penalty move instead: "if you're using an angel kit, and you aren't an angel..." It might be as simple as "...then you're acting under fire" or "...then take -1 to your rolls+stock spent," but it could be a whole additional thing.

-Vincent

lumpley

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2010, 11:03:54 PM »
Oh, an infirmary, for example:

"Can I restore Birdy's eyesight?"

"Sure, no problem. You'll be putting her in some serious danger, of course, and first you'll need to get some fresh eyes from somewhere..."

-Vincent

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 06:15:20 PM »
Acting under fire! That's what I was forgetting. I've even done that in a game (the fire is, omg so much blood and their bone is sticking out). For the angel, no biggie.

Cool.

lumpley

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 06:17:26 PM »
Cool!

-Vincent

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 12:24:37 PM »
Oh, an infirmary, for example:

"Can I restore Birdy's eyesight?"

"Sure, no problem. You'll be putting her in some serious danger, of course, and first you'll need to get some fresh eyes from somewhere..."

-Vincent
I was wondering: can an angel do something like this to "fix" a debility?  Or when you say debilities are "permanent" do you mean "Really, totally permanent, with no way to remove them ever."