Inverse World Kickstarter - a Dungeon World setting supplement

• 10 Replies
And the Inverse World Kickstarter is live!

We've got your digital tier, your physical book tier, a physical book tier that comes with cool stuff (all the ones after this also come with cool stuff), your tier where Mikan doodles words in your book before sending it to you, your tier where I doodle pictures and words in your book before sending it to you, your international tier because international shipping has gotten really rude lately, and those expensive tiers where we work with you to make something cool and unique.

Wait, cool stuff, you ask? What could that possibly be? How about...

...postcards from select cool locations from the Inverse World setting? Featured above is the Cloud Seas, and there's plenty of other cool places besides. There will be five in total, and we'll reveal more as I finish more concept art/our awesome artists get them done.

Also, as promised before the kickstarter even ran, all backers will immediately receive the full Inverse World playbooks, completely up and ready to run! And if you don't feel like backing without a sample, there is a link to the playbook previews buried in there too. Check it out!

Re: Inverse World Kickstarter - a Dungeon World setting supplement
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 04:22:33 AM »
Hm... Not sure if this gets funded before noon.

Ah, yeah. In my country, it's 10.20 AM.

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2013, 08:54:32 PM »
Looks great, gnome7!

Are you planning to release it under a Creative Commons Attribution licence like Dungeon World? If so, I can promote it broadly to the free culture community.
All my posts (unless stated otherwise) are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/.

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 02:48:08 PM »
Backed this. Inverse World is unbelievably kickass.

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 06:49:31 PM »
Looks great, gnome7!

Are you planning to release it under a Creative Commons Attribution licence like Dungeon World? If so, I can promote it broadly to the free culture community.

I'd appreciate if you didn't start pirating out the playbooks before the kickstarter is even in its second day. We are considering putting the playbooks on creative commons, but the entire book will not be. It is fine to share it with your friends, and you can share the previews as widely as you like, but I'd like to keep the full versions of the playbooks available mainly to backers.

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 07:57:41 PM »
I'd appreciate if you didn't start pirating out the playbooks before the kickstarter is even in its second day. We are considering putting the playbooks on creative commons, but the entire book will not be. It is fine to share it with your friends, and you can share the previews as widely as you like, but I'd like to keep the full versions of the playbooks available mainly to backers.

Hey gnome7, maybe there was a miscommunication. I wasn't planning to share the playbooks. What I meant is that if the final version were going to be released under certain Creative Commons licences, then I could have advertised that fact to the free culture community so they can back the project too.
All my posts (unless stated otherwise) are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/.

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2013, 05:02:37 AM »

Hey gnome7, maybe there was a miscommunication. I wasn't planning to share the playbooks. What I meant is that if the final version were going to be released under certain Creative Commons licences, then I could have advertised that fact to the free culture community so they can back the project too.

Ah, I understand. Currently, the playbooks will be entirely creative commons, but the book itself will not be. This could change with a future stretch goal, similar to how Dungeon World's kickstarter did it.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2013, 07:54:55 AM »
A stretch goal would be great! Thanks for your reply

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2013, 10:30:56 PM »
This is awesome. It has been backed!

I am wondering if there is a way to contact the authors privately through e-mail or some such?

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 03:34:45 AM »

I am wondering if there is a way to contact the authors privately through e-mail or some such?

Hey Shenron,

On the Kickstarter page there's an option to contact the creators. Would that work?

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 01:59:25 AM »

I have an email address on the Kickstarter page, and I am fairly sure KS has a private messaging system too. I check both of those things more often than I check this forum, in any case.