Dungeon World Books (Canada)

• 13 Replies
Dungeon World Books (Canada)
« on: March 07, 2013, 05:15:46 PM »
Greetings,

Due to some sort of customs problem, I'm still awaiting my shipment of Dungeon World books in both the hardcover and the softcover variety.  My problem however is that due to the rather long wait time, I've had several customers cancel their orders on me.  This has left me with a rather large surplus of Dungeon World books heading in my direction, and while I could opt to go the ebay route and price gouge the heck out of some people desperate to get their hands on a physical copy of the book.  I'm a gamer at heart and would much rather get these books into the loving hands of fellow gamers who will have countless hours amusement thanks to them.
I'm giving Canadian requests preferential treatment because I don't have to deal with customs.  I was thinking of selling the extra copies for $40 (Canadian) per hardcover and $25 (Canadian) per softcover, but the price is negotiable.  If anyone is interested please contact me and we can discuss shipping and payment arrangments for when the books finally arrive.

Cheers,
Greymalken

Re: Dungeon World Books (Canada)
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2013, 06:32:44 PM »
Not sure which way you wanted to be contacted email or PM. So I sent both.

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2013, 03:18:41 PM »
Hi Greymalken, sent you a pm

Hankle

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 03:12:28 AM »
Hi there!

I also send you a PM and an email.
Love to hear from you!

Thanks!

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 03:09:22 AM »
Hi, sent you a PM.

Bye!

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 02:57:52 PM »
Thank you for everyone who has sent me a pm concerning these items, I've started posting a few of the books on ebay under the following links if you are interested.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230951407672#ht_500wt_1156

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230951413515#ht_483wt_1290

I have quite a few pm's to sort my way through, so please be patient.  I will probably be using ebay as my primary way to arrange transactions in the future.

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 04:40:39 PM »
I am reminded of the Pixie's song "Gouge Away" :o

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 06:38:37 PM »
I am reminded of the Pixie's song "Gouge Away" :o

I don't think that's quite fair though -- it's an auction with no reserve on what is currently a collector's item.  That's just the way to do it, no harm.

I admit that I giggled, though! 

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 06:22:25 PM »
FWIW I don't blame the seller for what they are doing or saying that they are entirely responsible for the situation. However, the price is far above what is reasonable and fair IMO, and the seller is aware of that given his post above on the matter.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 06:51:16 PM »
I admit I did not expect the books to go that high in price, it's gotten pretty absurd.  I had a few people who were interested in the books, and I wanted to ensure both my safety as a seller and their safety as a buyer so I figured using ebay and paypal was the best course of action.  I set a price that I thought was fair that covered my expenses for the books, and left it at that.  What I did not expect was an all out bidding war between buyers, causing the price to skyrocket like it did.  I don't want to gouge people on these books, I'm still sitting on a fairly large number of softcovers and a few hardcovers after the ebay sales.  So what am I supposed to do?  I'm open to suggestions at the moment.

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 01:17:50 PM »
I admit I did not expect the books to go that high in price, it's gotten pretty absurd.  I had a few people who were interested in the books, and I wanted to ensure both my safety as a seller and their safety as a buyer so I figured using ebay and paypal was the best course of action.  I set a price that I thought was fair that covered my expenses for the books, and left it at that.  What I did not expect was an all out bidding war between buyers, causing the price to skyrocket like it did.  I don't want to gouge people on these books, I'm still sitting on a fairly large number of softcovers and a few hardcovers after the ebay sales.  So what am I supposed to do?  I'm open to suggestions at the moment.

You could use the Board Game Geek marketplace
http://rpggeek.com/geekstore.php3

This way you could "reserve" the listing for someone you have already commincated with. I have seen many listings on the marketplace where the seller has written in the description that the item is already sold to "Mr. Smith".

The BGG market place charges a 3% commission which is quite a bit lower than Ebay.

But if you are more comfortable with ebay, then that's what you got.

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:11 PM »
Hi,
You could simply contact the interested guys who PMd you for the prices set in the first post ($25/$40), with specifications for shipping and such, and THEN use ebay for the rest.
If you don't want a bidding war, I think you're free to NOT make it an auction ("buy now", I figure).

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 03:49:00 PM »

You could use Boardgamegeek's marketplace. They have a flat 3% comission and I have seen plenty of listing that are noted reserved for specific buyers that a seller has contacted.

But if ebay is easier for you then it is what it is.

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2013, 08:10:10 PM »
ddogwood if you are paying attention to this forum I have no means of contacting you.