new character playbook: quarantine

• 66 Replies
Re: new character playbook: quarantine
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »
I think leave no one behind and inspiring will be popular choices for other types to snag.

« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2010, 08:08:12 PM »
One of the characters in our present game has a move like Inspiring (but with +1 to help roll), but I've gotten my ass kicked a couple times helping, so I'm a little less inclined, even with the incentive.

Then again I did get my ass kicked because of it!

Judd

« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2010, 08:53:48 PM »
By the way, I want to say that I love how the really "Whoa, shit, that's crazy!" type interesting stuff in this playbook isn't in the moves.  That means I don't have to be worried about dropping the playbook on the table and saying, "Here's more options for you guys when you take moves from other playbooks."

I think that Disciplined Engagement is kind of amazing.  The ability to decide how much harm you deal was, really, at the core of that whole Seize By Force debate we had a month or so ago.

I don't really understand that move.

« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2010, 11:42:40 PM »
By the way, I want to say that I love how the really "Whoa, shit, that's crazy!" type interesting stuff in this playbook isn't in the moves.  That means I don't have to be worried about dropping the playbook on the table and saying, "Here's more options for you guys when you take moves from other playbooks."

I think that Disciplined Engagement is kind of amazing.  The ability to decide how much harm you deal was, really, at the core of that whole Seize By Force debate we had a month or so ago.

I kind of assumed that was where the core of the idea came from, but it's probably just as likely to be a parallel development thing.

Judd

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2010, 11:49:46 PM »
Seize by Force debate?  Could a kind soul post a link, please?

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2010, 12:14:48 AM »
Here: http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=459.0

Summary: skinnyghost examines his options for attacking a dude without killing him/dishing out harm, though the suggestion of a move that allows you to reduce your damage doesn't come up until page 3.

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2010, 09:57:23 AM »
I just noticed, the Quarantine gets three "take a move from another playbook" improvements. The most mind-blowing thing of all! If my PbP Maestro D' ever hits his fifth advancement it's totally gonna be a Quarantine secondary character, assuming my MC is cool with it.

« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2010, 01:40:35 PM »
He also gets no 'take a quarantine move' advances, which is even more interesting from a fiction perspective.

noofy

« Reply #38 on: October 22, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »
I may be missing something obvious gang, but folks are discussing the playbook as if they have a copy to refer to?

I have pledged to Human Contact, but no email from the Unstore, nor has my Forge account allowed me access to the Quarantine playbook? Help! How do I get my hands on this thing?

Cheers, Noofy

« Reply #39 on: October 22, 2010, 07:39:07 PM »
You should get an email from Josh, via Kickstarter.  It may have gotten snagged in your spam filter or something though.  Just log into Kickstarter and check your messages there.  Or email Josh if you really haven't gotten it.

Note: you did pledge at least $10 through Kickstarter and select a reward when you pledged?  You may want to review your pledge (which you can do) to make sure that's all in order.

noofy

« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 07:19:59 AM »
Ta John,
Yeah, got it via the Kickstarter link. Sweeeeet! This playbook is bound to snare a few newbs to the fold, though since watching much Sons of Anarchy, Choppers seem to be the sauce of the moment!

« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2010, 06:02:54 PM »
I just saw an interesting potential for synergy between, so I thought I'd ask - would 'Eager to know' stack with the Savvyhead's 'Oftener right'? Because if so, damn.

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2010, 12:28:11 AM »
I wouldn't see why not. I mean, one of them's a dude who is really good at giving people good advice. Another is a dude who is really good at implementing other people's plans. Put them together, and yeah, it's like fire and gasoline: you're gonna get results.

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2010, 10:04:35 AM »
Got it!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 10:11:17 AM by Michael Pfaff »

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2010, 02:23:35 PM »
In the game I MC, our first session with Quarantine available had someone take one as a second character. Nifty!