new character playbook: quarantine

• 66 Replies

Simon

Re: new character playbook: quarantine
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2010, 05:21:45 AM »
Sent in my pledge earlier today, looking forward to both of the things being offered! I'm going to be MCing for a group soon, so having this on the table will be neat.

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2010, 10:26:37 AM »
Human Contact sounds cool, but I really just want the Quarantine. :)

DannyK

« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2010, 04:49:44 PM »
Signed up!  I'm extremely psyched for both. 
I've got extremely bitter feelings in RL about liberal interventionism, and maybe this is the game to dispel them.

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2010, 07:20:56 PM »
Noooooo! I've missed my shot at this, haven't I? Damn, I've been working to much lately to follow this. :(

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 02:00:32 AM »
Hey, Vincent!

Does paying Josh in advance for 10 copies for the shop count as support for the project? : )

-Jim C.

Chris

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2010, 09:21:28 AM »
Medlabs, infirmaries and angel kit stock. Any advice on this?

Using an infirmary and an angel, when I'm going through the savvyhead workspace rules, I'm usually working in terms of actual shit they'd need. Gauze, antibiotics, etc. Mechanically, this is usually just angle stock. So if the angel wants to fix an infection, well, you'd need x y and z and I'm figuring that's about 1 stock, for the antibiotics.

Now the quarantine. He's got no stock, but he's got a med lab. And I feel like an ass at the beginning of the game saying, Well, you've got no stock, no supplies, just a medical lab.

I'm leaning toward just giving him stock, but not an angel kit, but that feels weird too, because an angel kit is just stock.

The other option is that the medlab has whatever it needs, but I occasionally make him buy. This is what I want to do and that's awesome, but then I've got to worry about exchange rate between a class that quantifies their medical supplies and one that doesn't. Hmmmm.

I don't know. Just thinking out loud.
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2010, 11:02:47 AM »
Well, there's another character that can work on people without an angel kit: a savvyhead with lifesupport in his workspace.  In the game I was  (and maybe will be again, I have no idea at this point) MCing, one of the players has a savvyhead and was asking about it, because we have no angel.

I told him that he would never get to just roll dice to see if he can heal somebody straight up, like an angel can.  He'd have to approach it like fixing the driver's car.  I'd tell him things he needs, much of which would probably equate to "angel kit stock" and he'd have to acquire it, then probably make some rolls to act under fire as he applies the stuff, and if all goes well, the person would be in better shape.

I realize I'm probably not telling you anything you don't realize, but I see the medlab, or a workspace with life support, as being more narrative power than mechanical.  If they didn't have that stuff at all and they wanted to patch someone up, I'd basically just say "How?"  Now they can say, "We want to use the medlab to patch this guy up."  and then I have to say, "No problem.  You need this stuff, though."

Chris

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2010, 11:50:37 AM »
Yeah, talking Mikey P, I think my main issue is that I don't want two forms of fictionalized medical supplies, in both "You need some morphine and antibiotics" of the workspace rules and the "You need 2 stock" of the angel kit with no connection between the two. Like I buy 1 barter of medical supplies that aren't stock. Or something.

I've been playing with it fine; my face game has a Quarantine and an Angel in it. The angel kit/gunlugger kit is always kinda a thing for me because it feels a little abstract, which is out of place when everything else is so concrete.

A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2010, 07:25:46 PM »
Question to all

a savvyhead with lifesupport in his workspace?. What makes the "life support"?

Chris

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2010, 07:36:23 PM »
What do you mean? What is it, exactly? That's up to the Savvyhead. What kinda stuff do you think would be in facility that supported life? Rebreathers, lab equipment, etc. And in AW? A lot weird stuff.

How does it work? It's just the Workspace rules, except on people. And maybe animals. And maybe mutant rhinoceroses. Depends on your game.

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2010, 08:55:40 AM »
Thanks chris,

So what am I to do with the mutant rhinoceroses thou?.

I love the different ways that this can be handle and thank you for a quick reply.

Espatier--

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2010, 12:50:04 PM »
So what am I to do with the mutant rhinoceroses thou?.
Oh, you want to give the mutant rhino a cybernetic tracking system?

It's going to cost you a fuckton of jingle or the best you'll be able to do is a crap version, weak and unreliable and either way, you'll be exposing yourself and your colleagues to serious danger.

« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2010, 02:30:18 AM »
For those of us who missed the Kickstarter project, how we can get our hands on the Quarantine playbook?

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is interested...

lumpley

« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2010, 11:20:53 AM »
All I can tell you is that there's no official way to get it. I speculate* that it's available somehow from someone or other, but not from me, not officially!

If anybody happens to know where Paul here can get a copy, maybe drop him a line?

I may publish a collection of the limited edition playbooks later, or reissue them in some other way, but I don't currently have definite plans.

-Vincent

* That is, I would be shocked and a little dismayed to learn otherwise.

Madu

« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2010, 01:01:47 PM »
I may publish a collection of the limited edition playbooks later...

I'd love to see that.  Like, pay-money-for-it love.

~Gary