Ars Magica AW hack: Ars Apocalyptica or Magica World...

• 20 Replies
Re: Ars Magica AW hack: Ars Apocalyptica or Magica World...
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »
" - You have dueled with your fellow magus and gained insight into how they react to the fire of conflict, take +1 forward when next in conflict with them."

This should probably be "take +1 Hx with them, yeah?"

Judd

« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 06:33:58 AM »
Certamen, take 2 ala Harper:

When you certamen, roll +weird (unless you are from House Tremere, they can use +sharp as per their move that is not yet written).

All harm accrued in Certamen is unreal, going on in the phantasmic wizardly duel between the two gifted Hermetic parties.  All harm done to one's opponent can be used as a bonus to the roll for the subsequent casting of a non-lethal spell should one win. The non-lethal winner's spell must use the Form and Technique agreed to in the duel.

The loser of the duel, taking phantasmic harm enough to take their countdown glass to 12, merely falls unconscious, waking up without harm but in the throes of the victor's non-lethal spell.

On a 10+, harm is done according to the magic rules or you may choose two below.

On a 7-9, choose one.

- You have gained insight into the ways of magic through this conflict.  Take an XP.

- You have come away with a sliver of knowledge about your opponent, you may ask them any one of the following questions:
           *What was the most humiliating moment of your wizard's apprenticeship?
           *If you were not a magus, what would you be?
           *When you die, what do you want your legacy to be left on earth in your name?

- You detect a weakness in your opponent’s defense. Do +1harm when you next inflict harm on them.

- You improve your defensive posture. Take +1armor during the next exchange.

- You exchange energies. You and your opponent both inflict harm as established.

- You seize an advantageous opportunity. Take +1forward.

Judd

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 11:08:46 PM »
When you declare Wizard's War upon another covenant, roll +cool:

On a 10+ Choose 2 from the Lord's list, none from the Devil's own list.

On a 7-9 Choose 1 from the Lord's list, none from the Devil's own list.

On a miss, the Lord has forsaken thee, only the Devil.

The Lord's List

You have seized the initiative and your grogs and custi will rally behind you.  Everyone get's +1 harm for their first move against the rival covenant.

The cloak of Hermetic justice has wrapped itself around you and your sodalis because you have adhered to the code and honored ancient wizardly traditions that date back to the Golden Age of Magic.  +1 armor against the rival covenant's arcane attacks.

A Custos from the rival covenant believes that you will win this war and has turned traitor in return for something you are well known to be able to deliver due to your reputation through the tribunal. 

The Devil's Own List

Something was wrong with the way you declared your Wizard's War and it will be trouble (certamen and/or worse) at the next tribunal.

The rest of the tribunal strongly frowns upon this violence; agreements and compacts with other covenants will soon be broken, friendships strained.

The covenant you have declared war upon saw this coming and coming home from the tribunal, your turb is ambushed in a place that will make your dealings with the mundane world awkward.  MC may make moves as is appropriate.

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2011, 08:06:27 PM »
Any progress being made on this? It looked super rad. I would definitely buy it day one if you developed it to production...

Judd

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 10:41:19 PM »
Any progress being made on this? It looked super rad. I would definitely buy it day one if you developed it to production...

This is a back-burner for fun tinker-thing.  I doubt I would/could ever sell it.  I'm not at all interested in seeking out the ArM license but I am interested in tinkering with ArM bits with an apocalyptic engine under the hood.

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »
Judd, have you made anymore progress on this?

Really interested too see a take on the Magic in play?