Question about DW hardcover

• 3 Replies

Jingo

Question about DW hardcover
« on: June 30, 2012, 12:22:02 AM »
Will the DW hardcover versions only be available for kickstarter contributors of $65+? Or are the hardcovers goings to be available to the general public? If so, how much will they be?

Re: Question about DW hardcover
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 04:51:18 AM »
The kickstarter page says:

"Contributors who choose a level including the hardcover reward will receive a limited edition premium signed copy of the game rules in hardcover. We're only planning one run of hardcovers, so get one while you can."

Seems to be pretty clear: hardcovers are kickstarter exclusive, but there is of course the Town Merchant and Merchant Prince level. Each has 20 backers. So if you are lucky and your FLGS is one of them, you might get one in the stores.

Disclaimer: I am just taking the info from the kickstarter page. Any more definite answers would have to come from Adam or Sage.

Jingo

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 11:13:31 AM »
Too late. I just signed up for the $65 package to get my own hardcover copy and a shirt. *gasp* Heh. Don't know if I'll ever wear it. (I'm such an impulse buyer sometimes.) Well, use those funds wisely... for 'twas not easy to part with them.

I'm excited to see the final in print!

sage

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 07:34:26 PM »
Sorry to get here so late, but here's the full explanation: we're only doing one print run of hardcovers. That means we print how many we need for the Kickstarter, rounded up to a nice even number for the printer. If we're close to a price break we might even go for that.

So basically the Kickstarter was your only way to be sure to get one, but there will probably be a few around (at retailers and in our hands) after the Kickstarter. Once those are gone we don't have plans to keep the hardcover in print.