Question about Apocalypse World LE Playbooks

• 86 Replies
Question about Apocalypse World LE Playbooks
« on: July 29, 2011, 02:11:48 AM »
Hi all I only just found out about the Apocalypse World LE Playbooks and I have none of them atm (so I can not see how I can trade for them) I would like to get my hands on them and there isn't anywhere that I can see to buy them, does anyone have suggestions on how I can gain access to them?

Thanks for any help

Ariel

Re: Question about Apocalypse World LE Playbooks
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 03:12:26 AM »
You could search this forum for similar threads, I'm sure they abound.

Also, searching for "Apocalypse Word LE playbooks" threads on story-games.com/forums or forum.rpg.net should also yields threads wherein there is barter going on.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 03:58:12 AM »
Thank you Nathan i will look into those two forums you have mentioned but currently I do see that I really have anything to trade. I searched this forum as well but found similar threads to mine (without your links tyvm for that) asking where/how I am looking at those specific links but it seems you need a LE to start "trading" and I have none, if anyone has some LE's that don't mind sending my way I would appreciate it.

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 05:24:17 AM »
Isn't Brett still handing out his Faceless playbook for posting a picture of yourself in a mask? And there were some threads on Storygames for getting playbooks for coming up with cool custom moves, if I remember rightly.

The former was happening here, http://story-games.com/forums/comments.php?DiscussionID=13879&page=1#Item_18, but I can't see the thread right now so it may have gone cold.

Ariel

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:29:29 AM »
That thread that Tim posted is where it's at. Most folks don't wanna trade but would rather you do something in order to receive the playbooks. I've personally spent more than a few hours making art for Johnstone and Ben to get some of the groovy playbooks they've written or others than I didn't have access to, I've donated to charity, come up with custom moves, &c.

As for me, I've been known to part with playbooks for engaging with various threads or subforums that I think need more attention. At this point, the only thing I'm looking for is custom content, community involvement or solving design problems.

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 06:46:52 AM »

Personally I am hoarding my playbooks in case of an apocalypse -- no point trading them away cheaply now, when they'll be worth a fortune after the collapse!

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 09:44:42 AM »
Thank you for the help, I see what I can find. The posting pics of myself may not work too well I have agoraphobia and posting pics of myself is a little too outside my comfort zone.

Chroma

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 07:14:08 PM »
The Maelstrom smiles upon you... email sent!
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 04:09:11 PM »
I'm also trying of get a hold of any playbooks I can. I'm willing to trade the Quarantine, Touchstone, or a homemade map for them. I've already tried to make one trade, but the other party didn't hold up their end of the bargain. =( Any help in getting some would be appreciated.

Chroma

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 05:11:01 PM »
Any help in getting some would be appreciated.

The Maestrom has smiled upon you... check your email.
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

Reax

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »
Just as everyone else I´m searching for more playbooks to introduce to my players, already scraped thru the forum and made a few crude trifolds for personal use but still havn´t manged to get my hands on any off the 'official'/pre-made ones other then the Maestro D and the Touchstone (that followed the book). Im willing to trade any of the two for just about anything else.

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 02:27:45 PM »
I too am looking for these limited edition playbooks.  I was just introduced to the game 2 days ago when my group decided to play it and I just found out about the LE Playbooks today.

Right now I am contemplating a (male) Battlebabe, but I would love to introduce the others to my group.  The Quarantine sounds particularly interesting.  Could someone help me out?

Reax

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 12:21:34 AM »
still havn´t manged to get my hands on any off the 'official'/pre-made ones other then the Maestro D and the Touchstone (that followed the book). Im willing to trade any of the two for just about anything else.

I´m still looking for those playbooks, but now I can offer the brilliant Rat-Pack as a trade! (Written by Gerald C,.. trifolded by me and with great art by Nathan Orlando Wilson)

Reax

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »
And now I have all the limited edition playbooks, thanks!
Might be the wrong thread, but I still want to get my hands on any and every fun playbook you might have
(And if you want me to try to make a somewhat decent trifold of one of your own playbooks, just send me a messege.)

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 04:47:16 PM »
I'm in need of the Maestro D' and the Hoarder.

I can trade the Faceless, Marmot, Quarantine, or Touchstone for them.

If anyone is interested in an exchange, message me and we can swap via email. :D