ANGEL: Sixth Sense + Healing Touch

• 7 Replies
ANGEL: Sixth Sense + Healing Touch
« on: March 20, 2017, 06:19:25 AM »
Hi all.

I don't know if this has been discussed before, if so, please excuse me and point me to the corresponding thread.

I was just thinking about the combination of the Angel moves Sixth Sense and Healing Touch.

Sixth Sense allows the Angel to roll+sharp when opening her brain to the psychic maelstrom and Healing Touch allows her to heal someone by opening her brain to them.
I know that by the letter of the rules, opening your brain to someone is not the same as opening your brain to the psychic maelstrom, but as an MC I would still allow an Angel with this combination of moves to roll+sharp when using Healing Touch.

What do you guys think? Would this make things too easy for the Angel player and the group as a whole, as this would surely increase their survivability?

Re: ANGEL: Sixth Sense + Healing Touch
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 07:49:41 AM »
As you said, by the letter the Angel wouldn't be allowed to use sharp for healing touch (or any other character move), but if your group likes the idea, I wouldn't have any qualms about making a small house rule to that effect. I don't think it would ruin anything.

In general: if it makes you happy, you should do it.

Ebok

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 11:14:32 AM »
Yup. If you guys wanna, do it.

I don't think I would allow it, just because allowing someone to use the same stat for everything isn't very interesting. Our group rather liked it when things didn't always go their way, but maybe we are more glutton for punishment.

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 11:27:52 AM »
Wow, I'm glad you brought this up. I've been playing it 'wrong' technically. I might switch over to the weird for tonight's game - would be an interesting thing to try out. The angel isn't exactly weird.

Ebok

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 04:25:23 PM »
If your people have been playing it one way, you should probably have a conversation with those affected before changing it. Make sure everyone is on board. People can have negative reactions if they feel something is being taken away from them. So take care of your players.

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 05:48:38 PM »
What Ebok said above is very important, IME. Never change anything without the groups blessing

« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 01:43:28 AM »
Yeah, it's not technically correct, and I wouldn't do it that way, but changing things mid-stream without getting the player who has an ability's approval is pretty much always a bad call. It changes enough context that they might not have grabbed Healing Touch in the first place, after all.

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 11:08:02 AM »
He was cool with it, so we changed it. Makes it weirder, which is what he wanted! And it got weird, failing that roll brings some pretty bad things into the world.