New Spells

• 3 Replies

Rafu

New Spells
« on: October 23, 2016, 08:40:33 PM »
This thread is for posting any new spells we've designed, and for commenting on them.
I'm started it because I've just written down a spell I want one of my NPCs to have, and it's my first attempt doing so for this game.

Rafu

Re: New Spells
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 09:11:53 PM »
THE BURGLAR WORM
You summon forth a burrowing worm-like entity from the 4th dimension of space - a creature of some intelligence, but extremely literally-minded, which can travel tangentially to three-dimensional space and unconstrained by it. Describe to it in minute detail an item and the place it is located: the worm travels to the location by boring a hole through space and swallows the item, as long as it isn't being held or carried by an animate creature, is no larger than a human head with full headdress, and your directions were correct. If you give it inexact directions, it instead swallows any one random item from the location it finds itself at. Then, in a matter of minutes, the burglar worm comes back to you wherever you are (it unfailingly locates you by scent if you have changed location) and excretes the swallowed item in front of you, covered in disgusting but ultimately harmless ectoplasm. This ends its service to you.
Except...
  • The worm travels back to you by crawling through three-dimensional space, not via the fourth dimension, taking as long as it would take a man to walk there, not mere minutes, and leaving behind an invisible thread of plasmic silk some might be able to track.
  • The worm you summon is tiny and can only swallow items no larger than a fist.
  • The worm will try to swallow items held or carried by animate beings, often harming them in the attempt. It attacks with Violent +1 inflicting 2 harm.
  • The worm is huge: it can swallow items as large as a war-chariot and the tunnel it drills through space takes days to heal, remaining usable until then.
  • The worm is subtle and can steal purely notional "items" from people's minds, such as facts, pieces of information, names or spells. People tend to notice when such things disappear and are occasionally harmed in the process. You can then retrieve the stolen knowledge by consuming the worm's excretions, except that plasmids (including spells) are killed and rendered inert when digested.
  • The spell returns to its native plasmic world unsettled.

lumpley

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »
:D

Fun!

-Vincent

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 07:49:16 PM »
I like it, too!