Changing Highlights

• 3 Replies
Changing Highlights
« on: July 24, 2016, 07:36:23 PM »
I'm playing in an online game of Monsterhearts. In my physical book and my PDFs, there is a paragraph on page 14 that says "At the start of subsequent sessions, choose highlighted stats
again. The person with the most Strings on a character and the MC both get to choose one stat to highlight."
Both my MC and another player in the group have versions of the PDF bought much more recently in which this paragraph does not appear. My MC says that highlights never change or change only when there are story reasons for them to change. I think it seems weird that this one paragraph would be removed without something being put in its place to, if nothing else, point out that highlights don't normally change.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Re: Changing Highlights
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2016, 09:07:57 PM »

I am only a secondary authority, but that sounds like a weird PDF error or something similar to me. Highlights should change every session, as described.

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »
I think so as well, but two different people have a PDF like this, and the MC said he'd thought he'd seen somewhere that Avery said highlighting every session slowed things down too much, and that's why it was changed.  But if so, it seems crazy not to replace it with an explanation.

noclue

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2016, 12:02:05 AM »
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER