Just stumbled across AW:DA, some questions

• 1 Replies
Just stumbled across AW:DA, some questions
« on: January 18, 2016, 11:06:29 AM »
Hi folks!

I played some Dungeon World, but have only flipped through the Apocalypse World book.  Discovered AW:DA and have been on a vikings/late dark ages kick recently.

I've got a few questions if I may:

1. What's the status of AW:DA?  Is it still an active project, and are there any expectations for release (or even further playtesting requests)?

2.  I didn't see any rules for the Stronghold or Map with regard to filling out those sheets.  There are some mentions in other forum threads that make me wonder if there were some rules that have since been excised from the playtest rules.  I love the idea of building a stronghold and map during play though!

3.  Having never played Apocalypse World, but having some experience with Dungeon World, can anyone suggest likely pitfalls that I'll run into, trying to get a playtest game going?

Thanks!!

noofy

Re: Just stumbled across AW:DA, some questions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2016, 08:44:32 PM »
Hey mate,
There hasn't been much development publically from the BAkers, though Vincent has a little spiel of two on his Patreon.
Adam, John and Sage et al have been playtesting their version of this concept (which is a more condensed, less setting specific version) here:
http://astormeternal.com/