New Playbook: The Envoy

• 0 Replies
New Playbook: The Envoy
« on: September 16, 2014, 05:35:08 PM »
Whilst it's not as fancy as Ereshkigal's very nice Spymaster playbook, it did remind me that I made up this playbook for an ambassador from a foreign land. I wanted a political operator who could move somewhat independently through the New Nobility (yes, a little bit Varys, a dash of Petyr Baelish, but mostly Oberyn Martell).

The Envoy
From afar,
Yet part of this court,
The consumate diplomat.

Stats are +2 Good, +1, +1, 0, & -1.

— You are tall and stunning. When you make an entrance, you have the right to roll Bold. On 10+, choose 2 of the following. On 7–9, choose 1.
* Someone here sees your power.
* Someone here is afraid of you.
* Someone here must come to know you.
* Someone here craves your counsel.
On a miss, choose 1 of the above, and in addition:
* Someone here becomes infatuated with you.

— You have the right to abandon your releationships and endeavors here in this land and depart for your own.

— You have the right to be known by reputation. When you meet someone who should know your reputation, in your own estimation, roll Bold. On 10+, they’ve heard of you, and you declare now what they’ve heard. On 7–9, they’ve heard of you, but only that you’re admired or feared. On a miss, they’ve heard of you, and the MC declares now what they’ve heard.

— You have the right to insist upon your own customs in your own home.

— You have the right to reward someone for their service to you, in whatever manner you judge fit.

— You have the right to speak wisdom in counsel. When someone comes to you for counsel, tell them honestly what you think is their best course of action. If they decide to pursue that course, they can count it as your help, one time in the future, no matter how far from you they are. (Recommend to them that they note this.)

— You have the right to treat with ally and enemy as you see fit.

— You have the right to write to your distant allies for aid. When you do, treat it as mustering warriors from among them.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 05:40:57 PM by warren »