Session based experience

• 6 Replies
Session based experience
« on: September 03, 2014, 07:20:34 AM »
If you would care to say something about the switch from action-based to session-based experience, I would be very glad to hear it.

After just looking at it, I am a bit hesitant as to its qualities, but granted that might be because I almost exqlusively play ongoing via text online, which makes session breaks a bit artificial, and usually much more playing time apart than when sitting down at a table.

lumpley

Re: Session based experience
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 09:07:22 AM »
Better to think of it as the switch from doing Hx at the end of the session to doing Xp at the end of the session, since there's no more Hx.

It provides something particular and conclusive for the group to do to mark the end of the session. It's an important part of the social ritual that as a designer I'm creating.

Naturally, online play has different needs.

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 09:09:29 AM »
Great, thanks!

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2014, 09:12:41 AM »
Hm, I wonder if we should decide to do it when we end a document and move to a new one. It has a similar feel of being a milestone in the social process of play that ending a face-to-face session has, I think (obvious differences aside)...

lumpley

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:13:52 AM »
That makes sense to me.

-Vincent

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2014, 10:36:07 AM »
Yeah, that seems spot on for a pbp game. If you try it, let us know how it works!

~Meguey

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2014, 10:53:14 AM »
Thanks for the input, both of you! I'll let you know!