Reboot or keep going

• 3 Replies
Reboot or keep going
« on: September 02, 2014, 08:37:50 AM »
Really excited about trying out the new rules.

My group has just started to get to know the characters and the situation using the previous version ("first look"), so we are now discussing whether to ditch that completely and set up play anew using the new rules, with a new situation, or to see how close to the old characters and situation we can get using the new rules and keep playing where we are.

The latter is inviting as we are both fond of the PCs we have and the playtest instructions explicitly ask for people to try alternatives to the holding-centered play. I hesitate because it would basically be us playing a hack of the new rules, and I for one want to try the actual playtest rules as they are.

The situation is a wandering Troll-Killer and a young Outlaw Heir who are travelling the lands to gather allies against the evil brother who sits on the throne. And undead trolls coming out of the deep forest to the north!

That's where my group is at the moment. Thoughts are welcome. Otherwise I'll say how it goes later.

Anyhow: FUN!

lumpley

Re: Reboot or keep going
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 09:42:15 AM »
I'm very interested in what happens when you bring your existing characters and situation into the new rules. If I get a vote, that's my vote!

-Vincent

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 09:46:56 AM »
Good to know! :)

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 11:23:12 AM »
Unsurprisingly, that's my vote too :)