Text-based Apocalypse Game

• 9 Replies
Text-based Apocalypse Game
« on: June 20, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
I have been toying with the idea of a text-based (Skype) AW game for a while, and finally, I've begun it. We have just finished some testing scenarios, and it works well - if you like a deep game where the fiction really is the core of the game, this is for you.

I have 2-3 players, but I think I need a co-GM, rules consultant or an actual head GM to replace me, because this is my second game GMing AW. My style is focused on the fiction, and I rarely actually use the rules, unless they're absolutely necessary (or players want it), so I've been able to run the game smoothly so far.

If you have the slightest interest in a text-based AW game, please contact me. Player or GM - either way, we can use you!

Also, any experience with text-based AW would be appreciated - share it, please :)

As If

Re: Text-based Apocalypse Game
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 11:59:59 AM »
Can I ask, why Skype instead of a forum or a free web page, etc?

This sounds interesting.  In fact I'd be happy to come in.  Just wondering why Skype.

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 12:07:31 PM »
A forum would be much better - I simply do not know how to set it up or where to look for it.

Can you help?

As If

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 12:17:30 PM »
That's what I do.  Send me a PM and we'll take this to email.

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 11:42:58 PM »
Hi, I'm interested in giving a text-based AW game a shot! I've been rooting around for one of these for a little while now - still got the space?

Thanks a bunch!

Adje

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 03:13:11 PM »
I've heard ROL.net is good for forum based...

As If

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 07:08:36 PM »
That domain seems to be gone, Adje. :-(

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 07:31:41 PM »
Yeah, I was all excited about a forum specifically for PbP, but alas - there's nothing there.

« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 06:18:01 AM »
Snail's Pace is a great spot for PbP games. There're several AW games that've happened already, so you can peak in and see how they handle it.

http://snailspace.forgreatjustice.net/

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 08:47:37 AM »
Seems interesting, I have applied for membership.

But I would also recommend www.roleplay.zone

It is by far the best free online game forum i'v seen for text-heavy games. You can actually roll dice within your posts! It's a really neat feature. Also, you can set up your game forum exactly like you want it with ease - I've moved my game there, and we're ecstatic about it.