Improving the Savvyhead Workshop?

• 2 Replies
Improving the Savvyhead Workshop?
« on: March 20, 2014, 08:59:15 AM »
Dylan, our Savvyhead, wants to hook up electronic locks on the armory. His workshop doesn't include any electronica, just  machining tools, raw materials, and booby traps.

I'm prepping via the "Sure, no problem, but ..." and came up with this list:

• You'll have to add weird-ass electronica to your Workshop first, and
  • You'll have to find a reliable power supply, OR
  • The best you can do is a crap version.

So I know the power supply is going to entail Barter, and he's made an enemy of the one guy who used to be able to get him this stuff (fun!)

I had thought he might be able to add the electronica through improvement instead, but the only improvement listed for the workshops is "life support." (Which is awesome, by the way.)

Should I:

• Allow the improvement to the Workshop, which expands his capabilities further, or
  • Collapse the electronica and power supply into a single Barter piece, or
  • Create two Barter stages, one for each?

Thanks in advance!

Munin

Re: Improving the Savvyhead Workshop?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 09:50:53 AM »
The "Characters' Crap" section talks about this.  Remember that expanding a workspace is just a project in the workspace.  I think you're going the right direction with "you're going to have to add weird-ass electronica to your workspace first," but instead of making him use an advance, make it  project in and of itself.  So if the Savvyhead wants to do more than a crap version of the electronic locks he'll need to expand his workspace first.  What's it going to take to add weird-ass electronica to the workspace?  Up to four options, joined by AND and OR.  :)

Re: Improving the Savvyhead Workshop?
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 11:26:03 AM »
Rowr bazz fazz ... I'm a dope. Thanks for pointing me to the right chapter Munin!