Big Changes Coming! WATCH THIS SPACE!

• 2 Replies

lumpley

Big Changes Coming! WATCH THIS SPACE!
« on: March 06, 2014, 08:45:03 AM »
The first playtests and everybody's feedback have given me a ton to work with, and it's already making some significant changes to the game.

If you want to keep playing using the existing rules, please feel free, but you should know that when I release the next version it's going to contradict a lot of what you've been doing. Be prepared for that.

If you want to hold off for the update, I encourage you to do so.

I'll release the update at or near the end of this month.

Thanks, everybody! I'm grateful for the work you're putting in and yeah, you pretty much utterly rule the school.

-Vincent
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 09:08:43 AM by lumpley »

lumpley

Re: Big Changes Coming! WATCH THIS SPACE!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 09:42:45 AM »
This is the fourth game I've developed in semi-public like this. Dogs in the Vineyard, Storming the Wizard's Tower, Apocalypse World, now AW:Dark Age. Here's a thing that always happens: I release a revised document, and some number of you say that you liked it better the way it was.

I think this is inevitable, inescapable! I'm not asking you to not like it better the way it was. Some of you just will. I'll change the things you hoped I left the same, and leave the same the things you hoped I'd change. When I release the next text at the end of March, I'll lose a few of you.

I mention it so that you can start preparing yourself now.

lumpley

Re: Big Changes Coming! WATCH THIS SPACE!
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »
Here are some of the things I'm changing:
- How many basic moves there are.
- The wording of some of the basic moves.
- Which basic moves go with which stats.
- Which things are worth XP.
- How XP becomes improvement.
- Who has holdings etc, and how you choose them.
- The presumed relationships between the PCs.
- Many individual things in the various playbooks.

All this without even taking on the to do list.

I hope you're as excited as I am! This game is going to be really good, and it's because of you.

-Vincent