First Impressions

• 2 Replies
First Impressions
« on: March 04, 2014, 09:43:54 AM »
This is great stuff! Exactly what I've been looking for.
I've played two AW campaigns and am currently running the new "Vampire" and "Monster of the Week"...I wanted a dark fantasy to follow up with in the summer,and this is ideal.

I grew up in England, I can't help but mentally picture this taking place in my homeland, after the fall of the Roman Empire ("Empire of Eagles" in this case)...I'll be taking cues from King Arthur rather than Braveheart.

I really like the fates...probably the best interpretation of harm I've seen in any iteration of AW.

Just to confirm on the XP..you tick the box next to the relevant action or item when used...though just once each? If so, that's a great way to encourage exploring the difference parts of the characters personality and world.

I'd like to see more playbooks...is the assumption that there's only one of each playbook in play?
The playbooks already created are excellent, I like the Dragon Herald especially.

I'd also like to see more explanation and detail on bounties, how that works.

I'll look to try this out in one of my sessions this month, will share how it plays out.

lumpley

Re: First Impressions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 10:06:44 AM »
Thanks, Paulito!

Correct, mark the XP box once. When you've marked 7 XP boxes, that's when you improve & erase your marks.

-Vincent

Re: First Impressions
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2014, 10:29:03 AM »
@Paulito: I'm French, but England is what I pictured reading the rules too. Though comes to think of it, a Gallic Dark Age would be pretty cool =)