Another 'First Thoughts' Topic

• 4 Replies
Another 'First Thoughts' Topic
« on: March 03, 2014, 04:58:19 PM »
So, I've read it twice now, and I can say this : as soon as I was done, I grabbed a phone to set up a game next Friday Night. Can't wait for the week to end.

Love the Fates system.

Have you considered changing the names of the stats ? Because cool, sexy, weird seem not as fitting to the setting as to AW. I'm not suggesting Old Norse here, but maybe something more fitting.

No more barter system or just not yet included ?

Really like the new Xp system too (though in a few cases, I'm not sure how that would work).

The Troll-Killer equipment list is awesome, but I'm not sure how to use it in certain cases mechanically speaking.

Why the "Ask what you want" options in the Sharp moves ?

Again, I can't wait to play it to see how it works out. I've a tons of ideas popping in my head right now. I know one of my friend will surely love to play Ragnar Lodbrok as a WarHerald ;)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:05:00 PM by Bushinone »

Re: Another 'First Thoughts' Topic
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 05:01:35 PM »
Also, I'm a bit surprise to see no divination ceremonies in the WickerWise play book.

And I'm just picking now, but living to 100... I, my humble self, would rather go for "I will die of old age"
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 05:23:16 PM by Bushinone »

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 06:46:00 PM »
Have you considered changing the names of the stats ? Because cool, sexy, weird seem not as fitting to the setting as to AW. I'm not suggesting Old Norse here, but maybe something more fitting

I thought the exact same thing.

Joao

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 07:12:35 PM »
In love with what I am reading so far.

This new game is shapping to be definitely its own beast, not just an AW Hack.

It evokes a distinct feeling already. One that I can sell my group easier than AW.

That said, I also think Cool and Hot are not evocative enough of the setting.

I believe that Cold and Fiery could eventually make decent substitutes.

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 07:55:48 PM »
I think Hot works very well in context of the whole George R.R. Martin feel.

Cool though could easily be Steel, but it would change the feelings associated with the stat.