[My Pitch] The world ended with neither a bang nor a whimper...

• 0 Replies

Chroma

[My Pitch] The world ended with neither a bang nor a whimper...
« on: January 06, 2011, 09:13:15 PM »
...but with a sound like the scream of a woman dying in stillbirth...

Hey all!  Grim stuff that.

Just to let you know, [redacted - the guy who bought WA for me] did A Very Bad Thing this Christmas... he game me a book... a roleplaying book... a manual for a game called "Apocalypse World".  It reduced me to vomitting and tremours, my mind spiraled into horrific depths, visions of rotted sugarplums mocked me with their stuttering dance... I was reduced, altered, reborn... and I fell in love.

On to my new love...

One day, our world ended... no one knows what happened... but end it did, in fire, terror, madness and a Golden Age died.  It's fifty years later. 

When you close your eyes and shut everything out... you can almost hear it... the howling... the screaming... the psychic maelstrom that is the last great remnant of the Fall... sometimes... sometimes, it doesn't scream... sometimes... it whispers...

You... ya YOU, want do you want?  You've got two hands... what do you wish to wrap them around... a gun?  The neck of your hated enemy?  A lover's breast?  What would you do to maintain that hold...

It's all about choices... hard choices... and the hope you can live with them... or survive them...

I really want to play this.

That's my pitch.  Let me know if you've got any questions... or choices...

K.

So, this is the pitch I've made to my gaming group in regard to Apocalypse World... I'm giddy with anticipation!

P.S.  I did actually get horribly ill for a few days after receiving the book.
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES