Anybody want to playtest some mysteries?

• 12 Replies
Anybody want to playtest some mysteries?
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:07:29 AM »
I'm planning some mysteries to sell in PDF - maybe individually or as a collection. I'll need some playtests with the text, to ensure I have all the details that are required to run it.

If that sounds like fun, drop me a line. Aside from early access and playtest credit, I'll give you access to a limited edition playbook.

The first one up will be my silly Scooby-Doo style mystery "The Meddling Kids In: Too Many Draculas!" which includes the Meddling Kid playbook.

Re: Anybody want to playtest some mysteries?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:12:44 PM »
I am interested in playtesting this series of mysteries.

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 07:51:26 PM »
That sounds entirely awesome!  Is the intent for them to be a connected series of mysteries, a collection of one-shot adventures, or some combination?  I'd love to playtest them, but while I'm currently *playing* in a campaign, I don't have a group I can run stuff for.  Which is too bad, because I'd love to see both the inaugural adventure and the Meddling Kid playbook.

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 07:59:15 PM »
At the moment the only one that's basically done is Too Many Draculas, which I ran at a convention earlier this year. That's stand-alone, and probably the others will be as well (although some might include suggestions for arcs that the mystery might kick off).

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2013, 12:44:45 AM »
I'm interested. When would you need feedback by? Also, is it a single mystery (so a single night)? My group is in the middle of another campaign, but we could squeeze in a session or two.

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 01:21:05 AM »
No deadline at this stage, and they will probably all be one-shots.

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2013, 09:45:56 AM »
My RP society's going to be looking for people to run one-shots soon, and I've got an online group I can playtest stuff with outside of that, so I'd be happy to help out. :)

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 04:24:15 PM »
My RP society's going to be looking for people to run one-shots soon, and I've got an online group I can playtest stuff with outside of that, so I'd be happy to help out. :)

Great!

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2013, 09:41:33 PM »
It looks likely that I'm going to be running a one-shot or two for some friends, and I think I could talk them into Monster of the Week.  So if you're still looking for folks to run your new mystery (particularly if you want to see if it'll work for a first-time MotW GM), I'd love to see it.

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 04:30:46 PM »
I'm contemplating running MotW at IndieCon, and would be happy running a playtest

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2013, 02:42:31 PM »
I'll probably be running a game at the NerdSoCal meet up at the end of October, so flip me something!

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2013, 07:39:02 PM »
I'll probably be running a game at the NerdSoCal meet up at the end of October, so flip me something!

Sure!

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2013, 01:35:23 PM »
I'm the MC for thudthwacker's game, and I'd love to playtest them. Everybody at the game has been a friend of mine for ten or more years, so surprising them can be difficult - I'd love to throw something at them they don't expect.