Announcement: The End of Limited Edition Playbooks

• 16 Replies

lumpley

Announcement: The End of Limited Edition Playbooks
« on: August 15, 2013, 12:24:03 PM »
Hello!

This weekend is Apocalypse World's third birthday and I'm wrapping up the thing with the limited ed playbooks.

In a couple of days I'm going to put on offer a complete set of all 9, including a full updated reference to the character moves and additional rules.

In the future, any new playbooks I make, I'll add them to the set or else give them away.

If you're making playbooks yourself, this doesn't affect you. Please feel free to keep doing what you were doing. Email me if you have any questions about this.

I'm going to announce this on my blog and everywhere later on, but you all should hear it first.

Thanks everybody! As always I'm delighted to answer any questions anybody might have.

-Vincent

Arvid

Re: Announcement: The End of Limited Edition Playbooks
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 04:52:53 PM »
Well, I'd be damned!

lumpley

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 08:47:06 PM »

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2013, 11:41:08 PM »
I'm confused by the names you rattle off as "just straightforward additional characters." You mention "the faceless, the hoarder, the maestro d', the restless, the touchstone" - wait, what restless? Is this an early name for one of the playbooks? It just really piqued my curiosity.
I love all the material that's new to me, namely the space marine mammal, the supplemental walkingsuit rules, the large-scale weapons and harm rules, and oh boy, the Macaluso. I was expecting the Space Marine Mammal, and I knew there would be an additional playbook- I had no idea... holy shit, a fucking hivemind! Your playbooks are never boring, and now they're beyond interesting. I was excited about the SMM, but the Macaluso blew me away.
I felt like there was something else I wanted to say, but I can't think of what it is anymore. Oh well, maybe later.

lumpley

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2013, 05:17:40 PM »
The restless! Oops.

Thanks!

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2013, 07:50:42 PM »
Heck yeah! I've been wanting to get my grubby hands on those sweet, sweet playbooks, and though I liked the idea of the limited edition (sort of like an easter egg thing, or ARG) getting them all in one place makes me happy.

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2013, 05:37:11 AM »
I already had most of these but $3 for a couple of new playbooks and some extra rules is too much of a bargain to miss. Now I just gotta wait for 2 weeks until the ship I'm on gets alongside so I can access my civilian email and download them!

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 04:41:56 AM »
One quick question: what do you mean by " a full updated reference to the character moves and additional rules." ?

I just received the LE playbook file and I have only the 9 playbooks. Are the additional rules hidden within the playbooks ?

Thx.

lumpley

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 07:08:36 AM »
Hi Warzen.

That stuff is all in the letter-format document.

-Vincent

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 10:22:30 AM »
LOL
I didn't even checked the second pdf...

Thx !! Time for me to go hide in a hole. ;)

lumpley

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 05:05:10 PM »
Oh not at all. Lots of people have asked!

-Vincent

Arvid

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 06:34:57 PM »
Can we still make silly challenges and give away these playbooks (that are being sold for money) as rewards?

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 01:14:56 AM »
Bought the playbooks but didn't recieve 'em :(

lumpley

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 08:06:52 AM »
Email me if you still don't have them!

-Vincent

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2014, 04:47:40 AM »
Just bought this. Great stuff!