NPC gang leaders

• 18 Replies
Re: NPC gang leaders
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2013, 10:27:29 PM »
There it is, right in the playbook.  Thanks Krippler.

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 02:04:49 PM »

Sounds like everything went well! I am a bit surprised that Norvel's gang's reaction to him being shot in the face was 'pull out their guns' as opposed to 'shoot people immediately', but possibly I'm just misreading the AP on that one.

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 02:46:52 PM »
Well, Norvell's gang already had their guns out, but they weren't really expecting trouble (which is why I let Doomspot go agro on Nornell instead of seizing by force).  After Norvell got shot, they turned their guns on Doomspot, now ready to fight.

I said "turning their guns on Doomspot" as description, as a reaction to Doomspot shooting Norvell, but they couldn't actually start shooting at this point, because I don't have a move.  I guess I could have described them as starting to shoot, but they wouldn't actually be able to inflict harm until Doomspot seized by force, or missed a move. 

Right?

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 04:13:32 PM »
Follow the fiction. The harm was well established already! If I was feeling lenient I would have them scramble for a few seconds before opening up giving enough time to act under fire to dive for cover.