Invisibility Spell

• 5 Replies

ecz

Invisibility Spell
« on: June 05, 2013, 02:00:05 PM »
A question arises during our DW PBF
can a Wizard mantain active Invisibility (or any other spell) if he's sleeping?

I know that tecnically sleeping is not in the list of the events that end the spell, but perhaps Magic in DW requires constant concentration and a sleeping wizard cannot concentrate on the spell.

noclue

Re: Invisibility Spell
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 02:43:45 PM »
I'd ask the wizard how he keeps the spell up in his sleep. Then I'd tell him the cost or consequences and ask...
James R.

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which can not fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
     --HERBERT SPENCER

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 03:23:49 PM »
ask the player, he's the only one who truly know how his magic works. Also, I don't think that there's anything wrong with sleeping while invisible.
Oh, the things we tell ourselves to feel better about the long, dark nights.

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2013, 05:27:18 PM »
Not until the Fighter gets up to piss and forgets where the wizard is sleeping.
-Jeremiah

Scrape

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »
Yeah, I don't think there's a by-the-book answer. I think it's up to your group to decide. Either ask a player or go off what your table has already established: given how magic has worked so far in the campaign, does it make sense that the spell would remain?

noofy

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2013, 03:44:14 PM »
Does a wizard actually sleep invisible when no-one sees him lay his head down to rest?