Mechaton stuff

• 1 Replies
Mechaton stuff
« on: December 11, 2010, 11:49:37 AM »
I combed the Mechaton discussions over on anyway, so if these have already been answered, then curse my inability to notice things.

I guess I'm either asking for your opinion, Vincent, (or anyone else's!) or for any decisions you may have come to since last you discussed the game.

1) Space attachments were mentioned and explained, but I never saw anything for underwater attachments, which were also mentioned. How do those work? Do they use vector movement?

2) What about battlefields that are half space, half not, or half water, half not, any special rulings there?

3) There was mention of no longer subtracting -1 from defense and spot, and additionally, if your attack = their defense, you do no damage, but get to use any spot die they may have on them. Was that ever tested, would you advise that?

4) What about interactive terrain: like jeeps or tanks or crowds of people that might move or do interesting things during the turn? Could you have objectives or stations that move or attack - or heck, even any kind of terrain?

5) When you're doing campaign play, do you scale the objective multipliers - or the number of objectives - or anything like that? Like, is it the same for three people as well as two people, or even five?

6) What's your general procedure for fiction during a campaign? Do you have a set way of doing it - establish this before this, then this - or is it more or less freeform?

7) If I make little infantry squads or flying spaceships to fight alongside my mechs, the only difference about them is their looks - there's no mechanical significance between ships or anything else, right?

8) What all constraints can you impose on a campaign battle when it's your turn?

Re: Mechaton stuff
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 09:42:39 AM »
4) What about interactive terrain: like jeeps or tanks or crowds of people that might move or do interesting things during the turn? Could you have objectives or stations that move or attack - or heck, even any kind of terrain?

This post, over on Mechatonic, details a game where the board was always in motion.  I hope that helps a little.