Just got my hardback, and oh my how apropo!

• 3 Replies
Just got my hardback, and oh my how apropo!
« on: February 14, 2013, 08:43:23 PM »
So my package arrived with my very pretty DW hardback, backer supplements and t-shirt. Pack the book into my backpack to leaf through it on my break at work. Trip to work is cut unfortunately short due to vehicular collision.

With my bicycle.

I fly 10 feet and land shoulder first. After a quick check of all major joints, head and neck, as well as snagging info from the driver, I walk away from the accident no problem and get myself to the hospital. Alas, Canada. 7 hours later a doctor is able to give me a full physical run down after two look-overs by nurses, clean bill of health, nothing more significant than a bruise. Danger Defied, yo!

Anyway, on the bus home, I remember I have the DW hardback. Check to make sure it's fine (not a scratch), and then crack it open. Signed, "The sky god watches over you," and, "Take +1 forward vs Trucks." No kidding, on both counts. Thanks guys :D

Re: Just got my hardback, and oh my how apropo!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 08:55:35 PM »
HOLY CRAP THAT IS THE BEST STORY.

You need to share this on the G+ group.

https://plus.google.com/communities/100084733231320276299

The people need to know your story.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 09:01:37 PM »
Hahah, done ;)

noofy

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 09:29:45 AM »
Aaron! Love it!!! So frikin cool, and I'm often picking up the pieces when a cyclist vs vehicle has gone horribly wrong :(
I'm so chuffed that you are OK, your hardback is OK and the Gods of Dungeon World were shining apon you!