Any way to get Number Appearing

• 10 Replies
Any way to get Number Appearing
« on: January 05, 2013, 10:51:27 AM »
So I made the terrible decision of not backing the kickstarter, and it seems that number appearing is forever out of my reach, my question is that will it ever go on sale or be available for non-backers?

sage

Re: Any way to get Number Appearing
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 07:25:59 PM »
I believe it's Creative Commons licensed, actually! But I'm not sure where the authors are making it available.

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:21:54 PM »
Text is definitely Creative Commons and I'm keen for it to get out there. Art is not Creative Commons for obvious reasons.

I could do a text only version, but I was just planning to share it once "enough" time had passed since the kickstarter so backers didn't get annoyed. I have no idea how long "enough" time is though. Six months? Now?

(I've no specific place to host it, so unless Sage and Adam want to drop it on the DW site I would just put a link in a thread here.)

I have furnished a few copies to people who have contacted me in the meantime and are particularly keen. Drop me your email in a private message and I'll email it.

sage

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 07:26:13 PM »
I'll have to talk with Adam and see when we think it's cool to make this stuff public. We're happy to host it.

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 07:57:40 PM »
I will wait patiently, I have the deepest respect to all backers, they made DW available to me (since I only found about it when it was already on sale in Drivethrurpg).

Yet I hope they are as happy to share the good things they have (because I sure want them all).
I started a blog to share my pain: gmstruggles.wordpress.com

All my posts (unless stated otherwise) are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0

Ich

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 08:47:39 AM »
I'll be on grovelling for this, soon.

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2013, 08:13:32 PM »
If it makes a shred of difference, you're not the only one who missed the kickstarter and is interested in this set.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 04:05:29 AM »
OK, so finally had a free minute and I did a version of Number Appearing with only text by taking out the art (except the banner and maps). You can get it here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9r2UKkXhZtJWF9oWWt3SmRIUXc/edit?usp=sharing

Since I made this CC-BY anyone else could have done this at any time so I don't feel bad for letting it out into the wild. Plus the missing art is damn good, so there is still a backer advantage.

Once Adam or Sage let me know they think its cool, we'll post the whole thing somewhere.

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 07:15:18 AM »
Cool!
I started a blog to share my pain: gmstruggles.wordpress.com

All my posts (unless stated otherwise) are licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this license visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0

Chroma

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 10:52:03 AM »
As a backer, I say, "The more the merrier!" 

Enjoy... and I only ask you post a play report some time.
"If you get shot enough times, your body will actually build up immunity to bullets. The real trick lies in surviving the first dozen or so..."
-- Pope Nag, RPG.net - UNKNOWN ARMIES

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 04:21:40 AM »
As a backer, I say, "The more the merrier!" 

As a backer, I second this statement.