Translation to German

• 3 Replies
Translation to German
« on: November 22, 2012, 06:20:59 AM »
So I forked DW on github and will start a translation into German. I basically want to ask if that is OK. It will be probably just a unnoticed project for my own benefit, to use on Cons etc.

I was thinking on asking what alternative to Indesign you propose, but while waiting for the admin to let me on the boards I have already written a little Ruby script that transforms the xml into html for me.

Thank you for making this project open and putting it on github. If I can figure out how I can get $10 to America without a credit card, I'll buy the pdf.

Re: Translation to German
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 09:42:26 AM »
I'd be interesting in helping or at least checking what you work on as i am german myself.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 10:25:01 AM »
I'd be interesting in helping or at least checking what you work on as i am german myself.

My stuff is on github, too: https://github.com/semiomant/Dungeon-World

Can you use git?

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »
So I forked DW on github and will start a translation into German. I basically want to ask if that is OK. It will be probably just a unnoticed project for my own benefit, to use on Cons etc.

I was thinking on asking what alternative to Indesign you propose, but while waiting for the admin to let me on the boards I have already written a little Ruby script that transforms the xml into html for me.

Thank you for making this project open and putting it on github. If I can figure out how I can get $10 to America without a credit card, I'll buy the pdf.

The text of the game is 100% CCBY licensed.  Which means, without any lawyer-talk, that you can;

• hack it
  • remix it
  • print it
  • translate it
  • sell it
  • etc etc etc

So long as you properly attribute it to us (Sage LaTorra and Adam Koebel) you're good to go!  You have our blessing, too.  A German translation would be awesome, and would join the French, Portuguese and Russian versions all in progress, too.