Need readers/testers for DW scenario The Black Tide

• 5 Replies
Need readers/testers for DW scenario The Black Tide
« on: November 18, 2012, 04:15:31 PM »
First, any comment on the legal status of DW adventures? Is it ok to post links to files of mostly original work for community use?

Second, I have a complete scenario modeled after The Indigo Galleon that I would like to get some feedback on. Finding a proper illustration would be nice, too.

Loving DW so far. Running a game at InfrnoCon 8, an online-only RPG convention on Dec. 15.

Cheers.

Re: Need readers/testers for DW scenario The Black Tide
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:03:16 PM »
First, any comment on the legal status of DW adventures? Is it ok to post links to files of mostly original work for community use?

Second, I have a complete scenario modeled after The Indigo Galleon that I would like to get some feedback on. Finding a proper illustration would be nice, too.

Loving DW so far. Running a game at InfrnoCon 8, an online-only RPG convention on Dec. 15.

Cheers.

Hard to say!   It really depends.  All the text of the game proper is CCBY so you can use it to make adventures, quote it, hack it, whatever.  Go nuts. 

Could you give us some more information about what you mean?

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 02:50:25 AM »
Well, heck. Here it is. Feedback appreciated. If anyone feels violated, just let me know. =)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37403859/The%20Black%20Tide.pdf

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 12:25:56 PM »
I approve of your use of Exocet, the most heavy-metal font of all.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 12:57:47 PM »
Maintain consistent bullet spacing (see agenda). 

I love the art but see that it is used without permission - consider emailing to request permission.  Artists may be willing to grant permission for non-commercial use as long as it is attributed properly.  It never hurts to ask.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 05:43:37 AM »
Hitchcock--

I like the situation!  The party is going to have to jump one way or the other here, either seizing the treasure, running off the templars, or dealing with the warlock + goblins.  I can definitely see the Indigo influence.

I'd like to see maps -- at least a map of the area showing all of your encounters.  Walls of text are hard to read! 

Don't break sections across columns or (even worse) pages.  It makes them very hard to read.

I'm not sure about some of your custom moves.  As a GM I need them to be more concrete, more specific.  I need them to be just as much how they do something as what they do. 

For instance, your templar moves:  Follow orders ruthlessly, Use whatever’s handy in painful new ways, Fight to the bitter end.   What ruthless things do they do?  Torture, kidnap, maim, threaten, what? 

I know there are some great guides out there to making custom moves although I can't find them just this moment.  Check those out and follow their advice.

Echoing that you should seek permission for the art.  Nice choice, though.  It's a striking piece.

Also, it's 'Aegard' rather than 'Aagard.'  :)