Oddly driven to do this.

• 7 Replies

Madu

Oddly driven to do this.
« on: November 10, 2010, 05:58:30 PM »
Back in school, like fifteen years ago (oy!) a friend of mine had a small horror/literary 'zine called Apocalypse Playground.  Having just acquired Vincent's fine similarly-named roleplaying game, the inevitably mental mashup occurred.  I share with you, perforce...

A sun-seared asphalt plain, broken here and there by senseless tangles of steel pipe.  Territory staked out, defended madly and against all reason.  A sneer's as good as a fist in the cutthroat Darwinian cycle of status, rise and fall, elevated only to be discarded.  The lurkers.  The weepers.  The raving pants-wetters....

Perhaps it is a nascent setting hack.  If so, I'll gladly see this moved or start anew there.

Also: I love this game.  Just, damn.

~Gary

Judd

Re: Oddly driven to do this.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 07:17:42 PM »
Playbooks: Bully, Smarty-pants, Latch-key Kid, Dork, New Kid

Instead of Sex Moves you have Play Moves, for when you play with someone in some meaningful way.

Madu

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 08:05:51 PM »
Judd, your APs loom large in my decision to get this game.

Regarding playbooks, 40 minutes of dicking around in Illustrator has yielded Introducing The... portraits for Bully, Snitch, and Whiner.  No moves or anything, just grunged-up text and appropriately crude drawings.  I like Play: I'd been thinking of Sit At Lunch With as a special but it seemed kinda, I dunno, lacking.

~Gary

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
When you hold hands with another character...

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 09:28:31 PM »
Oh. My. God.

Now that's a scary game!

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 11:54:15 PM »
When you share a toy with another player?

...I might actually play this.

Judd

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 12:22:11 AM »
Sit At Lunch With as a special but it seemed kinda, I dunno, lacking.

Lunch time?

Man, that was in the Golden Age, back when we had plastic fucking trays for our juice boxes and chicken fingers.

Lunch time is over...the playground's bull-dozed and the bells only ring when its time to duck and cover but I'm here to tell ya, there are no desks to get under.

Bret

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »
I love this.
Tupacalypse World