Apocalypse in Oakland

• 3 Replies
Apocalypse in Oakland
« on: October 16, 2010, 04:46:01 AM »
Just thought the community would like to know there's three sessions of Apocalypse World scheduled for the Endgame Oakland minicon tomorrow, all full, too! People want to play this game.

Then an Apocalypse word specific event there so more people can try it the following Thursday.

Awesome.

Re: Apocalypse in Oakland
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 06:17:47 AM »
Sure, rub it in...

I need to find a game of this in the LA/OC area. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about a game.

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »
Cool! How did it go?

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
It was great!

The first session, which I played in was awesome. Not sure if I should use names here so I won't. But if anyone involved reads this feel free to say hi. The GM was in costume and laid out the table with crazy apocalyptic props. Spent shotgun shells still smelling of gunpowder were used for experience markers. He ran a variant of Hatchet City set in a nasty swamp and I had a great time being a creepy brainer. Endgame Oakland's facebook page has some pictures.

Then later I ran a session and that was really fun. Three of the four players were experienced at MC'ing so they really brought a lot to the game. The players gave me so much good stuff to work with in that game that I just played to "find out what happens" and the session went totally places I would never have expected. Had some really intense use of sex moves and the psychic maelstrom brought some really nice moments of tension.

There was a third game I was not involved in but I talked to a player and that one was apparently great too. Looks like the store sold about half a dozen copies, so the apocalypse is spreading.

Have to give thanks to Endgame for having games like this ON THE SHELF. They have a great selection of independently published games.

Trying to make the followup this Thursday, where they're going to get as many MC's as they can to just introduce as many new players as possible to the game. (Traffic may make that impossible however... damn you traffic)

Anyone else out there have a convention experience with Apocalypse World?