The Genre, Encapsulated in a Single Moment

• 4 Replies
The Genre, Encapsulated in a Single Moment
« on: September 25, 2010, 08:34:01 PM »
True Blood (Season 2 Episode 8 "Timebomb")

Hoyt is a pansy-ass momma's boy. Jessica is a newly-minted vampire.
They've fallen in love. They're both virgins.

And so they make love, and it hurts for Jessica of course, but it's all so perfect.

And then the next night, they start to make love again. Except that Jessica freaks out. It hurts even worse than the first time, and she bleeds again. And then the horror dawns on her.

See, vampires have magical healing powers. And Jessica was vampirized with her hymen intact. Which means it's going to keep on healing, every time.

Jessica weeps blood. Hoyt tries to console her.

Re: The Genre, Encapsulated in a Single Moment
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 01:47:37 AM »
"You're not friends. You'll never be friends. You'll be in love until it kills you both. You'll fight, and you'll shag, and you'll hate each other until it makes you quiver. But you'll never be friends.

Love isn't brains, children, it's blood. Blood screamin' inside of ya to work its will. I might be love's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it."

-Spike, to Buffy and Angel
(Buffy the Vampire Slayer, S03E08 Lover's Walk)

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 06:58:02 AM »
I love that speech. Back when I played Spike in our Buffy game, I used to recite it to myself to get my accent right before the session. :)

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 08:17:38 PM »
"Yeah, but this is different. Being blown up isn't "walking around and drinking with your buddies" dead. It's "little bits being swept up by a janitor" dead, and I don't think you're ready for that."

-Xander, to Jack O'Toole
Buffy the Vampire Slayer ("The Zeppo")

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 05:22:54 AM »
"It doesn't feel evil, sir."
"Evil never does."

-Tara & Her Father, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, S5E6