Fronts and Threats

• 0 Replies
Fronts and Threats
« on: September 02, 2010, 02:40:02 PM »
Scarcity is not the issue - for BaMAS threats are born from Vacuums and Abundances. When I got to thinking about how to arrange things, I decided (at least for the moment) that the front sheet would be designed around the I Ching (loosely). With the various "problems" being normal or inverted (Abundance or Vacuum).

In the centre is the Vacant Throne - which is both the Home Front and a variety of problems linked to the absence of an Emperor. I'm currently ruminating over working out the mechanisms for something resembling seasonal threats - though a countdown clock might suffice. In the eight positions around the throne, sit the eight trigrams of problems - based, at the moment on the descriptors of the Houses to which the players (and indeed all Nobles) will belong - Ambition, the Wild, Greed, Honour, the Fallen, Might, Independence, Decline.

Threats are getting a similar reworking to better fit - grotesque mutants are not particularly in theme.

At the moment though, it's all just crude thoughts - anyone who wants to help shape this rough stone is welcome to ask leading questions and make suggestions.