MCs: what do you want to do better?

• 19 Replies
Re: MCs: what do you want to do better?
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2010, 11:24:31 AM »
It's also good if they hump like bunnies, at least with each others' crew NPC's. 

man, we're 4 sessions in and no fucking so far. I really want to to change that, as much as I can as MC.

Bring in lots of sexy/seductive NPCs? Maybe if the PCs get the idea that sex is a thing, they'll go with it. Or it might just be your players not being comfortable with sex in the game ::shrug:: If you figure out they *are* comfortable, and they're not picking up on the sexiness for it's own sake, you could always start offering bargains like "the hardholder's taken a shine to you, and is willing to pay for that fancy new workplace you want, but only if you bone him"

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 10:00:53 AM »
Last night's game I ran into some pacing issues, mostly I think because I didn't have moves that I could put right in their faces. When things start to feel slow I can sometimes start to death spiral it. Like, crap, what can I toss into the stew pot? Umm? Shit... and then I sit there slackjawed... and it's the best game ever.
"I don't care what Wilson says." -- some slanderous bastard on the internet

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2010, 10:45:46 AM »
1) Barf forth more apocalyptica. It gets to the point where I peek down at my MC sheet and see it there, and I go, "Oh yeah, need to do that." Same with "digressing occasionally."

2) Coming up with interesting things when a player misses an Open their brain roll. This one always kills me. I'm there with a blank look on my face, trying to find something to best represent the maelstrom and to be suitably weird / interesting.

3) Sometimes, I don't throw any new NPCs out there for a while! My 1st Session sheets tend to be kind of empty. And when we finally get rolling, I play the NPCs already established and rarely introduce more.

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 11:19:54 AM »
Adding my own bloody fingerprints, at least with my current game.  I've got this weird block, where I want to do that circuitous thing where I don't threaten/mess with them directly, and it means I'm not painting the nastiness on thick enough.  And I'm not getting enough of the post-apocalyptic I want.  Of course, 2nd session, I spent most of my time reinforcing/creating pc-npc-pc triangles.
My real name is Timo

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2010, 07:46:21 AM »
After the last game, one of my players was complaining, that there was not enough action.
I know my MCing sucked that day greatly. Players was 2 hours late and I got very upset. I'm not happy with my performance at all.

The main thing is, I still feel uneasy with creating scenes that include fighting, violence etc. It's not cause of some tabu. It's cause I don't know how to do this in interesting way, so I prefer not to do this.

Anyone have a good advice to that?

Sad thing is that after the last session that player said he wants to quit.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2010, 07:48:33 AM by Selyuna »