Spy/Operative Hack already exist?

• 2 Replies
Spy/Operative Hack already exist?
« on: August 01, 2012, 09:52:21 AM »
At the gym I had an idea for a "24" like game of AW. Mixing two great games Wilderness of Mirrors and AW.

Some preliminary ideas. Stats are based on how you get awesome shit done: Force, Tech, Guile, Planning (maybe, always a kind of passive or retroactive stat), etc.

Hx rules - Support (costs some resource, perhaps Hx), and Betray (free, increases Hx).

Special becomes "When you complete a mission (operation, assignment, whatever), <this> happens. So each time something is finished, the mechanics ensure there is more fall out. Enemy operative captured. Awesome, now lets find out if he managed to leak information first? If there is a mole helping him get out? If someone else takes the credit? If there is other corruption this reveals? Various version of revealing future badness. Leader types get more trouble, where as follower types get more resources to make the Leader types miserable.

So, has this  been done already?

Sean

Re: Spy/Operative Hack already exist?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 10:33:46 PM »
Hi Sean,

Check this thread ('Threat Level') for some stuff I put together on this
 type of game.

It's something I'd like to get back to, but maybe there's some useful stuff in there for you?

Re: Spy/Operative Hack already exist?
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 01:30:09 AM »
I'm designing The Sprawl to have an explicit mission focus (and Wilderness of Mirrors is an influence), so there could be some overlap there, but it doesn't have any sort of betrayal mechanics.

Maybe you could sign up to play it at Big Bad Con ;)