[Draft] New Class: The Noble

• 34 Replies
Re: [Draft] New Class: The Noble
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 02:19:44 AM »
I really like how evocative this class is! However, I found that some of the moves were a bit boring, especially among the advances, and I had a player interested in playing as The Noble. So I ended up doing a pretty major rewrite of the class, and figured I should share it.

Click here to download the playbook for The Noble!

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 03:15:02 AM »
I really like how evocative this class is! However, I found that some of the moves were a bit boring, especially among the advances, and I had a player interested in playing as The Noble. So I ended up doing a pretty major rewrite of the class, and figured I should share it.

Click here to download the playbook for The Noble!

Hey cool... I notice you used my take on the original take on the rules. I like the new moves, although I kind of miss having Game of Thrones move around, just for the name :p

Also, for whatever reason, the nice DW-esque font hasn't Imbedded properly for the larger titles. Was it like that on the version I made?

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2013, 03:43:28 AM »
No, I don't have the DW font. I used my own template to make the sheet, not the one you made. I ended up removing the Game of Thrones move because it's kind of terrible and pointless - if you want to improve your station in life as a Noble, that's something you can just do during play. It doesn't need a move, just go topple over a king somewhere.

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2013, 10:16:34 AM »
No, I don't have the DW font. I used my own template to make the sheet, not the one you made. I ended up removing the Game of Thrones move because it's kind of terrible and pointless - if you want to improve your station in life as a Noble, that's something you can just do during play. It doesn't need a move, just go topple over a king somewhere.

Yeah, I agree about the Jockey/Game of Thrones move. I just missed the name. I love the Anything You Can Do... move!

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2013, 11:58:20 PM »
Great class, I really like it!

A few comments:
I would rename Esoteric Training as Elite Education, because esoteric makes it sound like it's really specialized and rare, but really these are topics that are not.

I prefer Hired Assistant to be named Loyal Retainer, but the Desire mechanic is really great.

For the Connections move, why not use a negative approach, similar to the Bend Bars / Lift Gates move of the fighter.

When you put out the word that you need access to something or someone, roll +CHA. On a 10+, choose three. On a 7-9, choose two.
• It doesn't cost a lot of money
• It doesn't take too long before you get results
• You don't need to go out of your way to get it
• You won't owe someone a favor for this

I will continue to review this class.