Homage Fronts: Diablo

• 6 Replies
Homage Fronts: Diablo
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:22:03 PM »
So, I use Dungeon World to replicate D&D adventures all the time.  It's the easiest sort of conversion project.  That said, sometimes it's fun looking at a piece of pop culture (a movie, TV season, video game) and think "what would that look like for Dungeon World?"

Well, we've been all OMG DIABLO crazy over here at Dungeon World International Headquarters and so we put together a little mini-supplement as an homage to the worst town in the history of towns.  We call it Poor Tristram and you can grab it here;

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3269630/Poor_Tristram.pdf

Re: Homage Fronts: Diablo
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2012, 06:24:55 PM »
Cool. Out of curiosity, what are some D&D adventures that you've run using Dungeon World?

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 09:01:36 PM »
I second that question!

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 12:14:01 PM »
So far, I've used, in various states of completed prep:

- Against the Cult of the Reptile God
- Keep on the Borderlands
- Village of Hommlet
- Slave Pits of the Undercity
- Steading of the Hill Giant Chief

I've done Reptile God at least a half dozen times.  It's a super simple, one Campaign Front, 3 or 4 Adventure Front deal.  It's my go-to and I've got a mashed-down one-front version I use for conventions, too.

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 03:38:00 PM »
Interesting. My buddy is planning on converting and running Reptile God. It must be good if you've run it so many times. I'll have to tell him to hurry the hell up and get 'er done...

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 11:22:37 AM »
Part-way good, part-way dumb-as-bricks.

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 04:46:03 PM »
I'm actually in the middle of converting my current 4E D&D game into Dungeon World. We just finished the Kobold Hall quest and I'll be running them through Keep on the Shadowfell (heavily modified to not suck btw). I'll post our experiences as we go, but I think it'll go swimmingly.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:54:17 AM by samuraiko »
"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)" -- Walt Whitman, Song of Myself