Daredevil

• 7 Replies
Daredevil
« on: March 04, 2012, 09:38:16 PM »
Hi there, question on Daredevil.

Does the +1 armor get applied to both the car armor AND the driver?

So for example, lets say the car has 1 armor and the driver has 0 armor. Somebody hits with 3-harm.

Is it:
Car takes 1 harm:
+3 harm
-1 for armor
-1 for daredevil
Driver takes 1 harm:
+1 harm blow through

Or is it:
Car takes 1 harm:
+3 harm
-1 for armor
-1 for daredevil
Driver takes 0 harm:
+1 harm blow through
-1 for daredevil

Re: Daredevil
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2012, 01:34:46 AM »
As far as I can tell, Daredevil doesn't give the car more armor, just the driver.

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 02:23:51 AM »
Yeah, that was what I was thinking but the player found this in the Character Moves section pertaining to Daredevil:
>>
This special armor adds to any real armor that the driver’s wearing, the driver’s car provides, and the gang or convoy has.
<<

Its the AND in this sentence that we are now wondering about. Seems like it applies to damage done the car AND to the driver. But I am not sure.

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2012, 02:31:36 AM »
I understood this like this:

The driver takes 1-harm less whatever his "other" armor is from - body armor, by car or gang.

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2012, 03:17:39 AM »
This is my first instinct rather than anything I've used in play - Daredevil, when in use by a driver (not a Driver) provides +1 armor to the vehicle and the driver but these do not stack. So if damage blows through the vehicle to the driver it will be one less than the vehicle's normal armor suggests. On the other hand, if someone bypasses the vehicle armor entirely (shooting through an open window, shooting someone on a bike from behind), the driver's armor is directly boosted. At no time does the net effect of Daredevil reduce damage to the driver by 2.

Even more generally - unless its another PC attacking, you're not rolling anyway, you're deciding. Make sure that if the driver rushing into the action without hedging his bets that he takes 1-harm less.

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2012, 04:24:35 AM »
Thanks nomadzophiel, that was what I was leaning towards as well.

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2012, 02:44:28 AM »

I always figured the armour listed on the car was the armour it provided to people in the car. Cars don't take harm, so why would they have their own unique armour score?

If you're in a tank and someone shoots at you it's a lot safer than if you're on your tricked-out vespa.

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2012, 02:58:50 AM »
Vehicles do take harm. I don't have the book handy but there's definitely a chart about how much harm to a vehicle equals what level of malfunction. So if you drop a grenade under a 2-armor car, the armor absorbs 2, the car takes 2 and some amount (1-2, I think) blows through it to the occupants.