L.O.E. Apocalpyse: Leaving Iss

• 1 Replies

Judd

L.O.E. Apocalpyse: Leaving Iss
« on: January 13, 2012, 10:59:23 AM »
Andrew, our new housemate, hasn't gamed before, so I suggested a few games and he chose Apocalypse World.  I suggested a few choices for apocalypses and luckily, he chose my favorite of the bunch, Jay Walton's Low Earth Orbit apocalypse.  Fantastic.

Andrew played an Operator, Lafferty who did surveillance for the local satellite lord, Roark, making sure the Angel, Doc, stayed put and didn't defect to a different community.

Anthony played a Battlebabe, Raymond Omega, who is a Bladerunner-style replicant, a cold killer with cool clothes.

Matteo played Doc, the Angel, who I didn't have much of a read on but seemed to be a jaded pragmatic guy out to do the least amount of harm possible while still looking out for himself.

The first scene of the game tipped the rest of the scenario.  Miller, a local pilot, came in to Doc at his module aboard the International Space Station with two thugs to talk him into coming with her to a new satellite she was starting up.  She wouldn't say how she was doing it but she was starting a new joint with hydroponic vegetables.

"You'll be able to take a proper shit, Doc."

Doc was in.

Things went poorly between the thugs outside.  Ray and Lafferty got into a brawl with them and the thugs both ended up getting got.

After that it was a blur of failed rolls, tense stand-offs, machine gun fire and zero-g brawls in the void.

In the end, they ended up with Miller, back in Eden, her hydroponic satellite garden.  The new joint was on an un-mapped trajectory that no one had found and was currently manned by a skeleton crew.  If/When we play again, the crew will go out into the other satellites and try to start pilfering solid personnel to make the move to Eden.

I had to get a bunch of things done after the game so I didn't get to talk it over with Andrew but will do so when I have a moment, get his thoughts on his first table-top RPG experience.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:27:32 AM by Judd »

Judd

Re: L.O.E. Apocalpyse: Leaving Iss
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:24 AM »