[AP] The Blasphemous Caverns: Love Letters in DW

• 1 Replies
[AP] The Blasphemous Caverns: Love Letters in DW
« on: December 07, 2011, 03:59:20 AM »
I just wrapped up the mini DW campaign I've been running with my Hollywood group this evening. The final game was a raid into a cult strong hold in the Blasphemous Caverns to stop a cult ritual using a relic stolen from the group's cleric.

The Blasphemous Caverns: Some Love Letters.

The first session of the campaign was Marshall's The Goblin Hole. The relic was stolen in the post-hole carousing and the second session was an overland pursuit of the thief. In the third session they sought out a magic map that would help them find the thief (aka the Harry Potter map). The fourth and final game was their attempt to recover it.

When we next play, Tral the faceless goblin assassin will be out for revenge. Tral was a guard in The Goblin Hole who had his face kicked off by Inga's hobnail boots... yet lived!

I'm excited already!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 02:14:36 PM by Anarchangel »

noofy

Re: [AP] The Blasphemous Caverns: Love Letters in DW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 07:27:27 PM »
G'day Anarchangel!,
Woo, those are neat. I really like the 2 helpful, 1 hindrance outline of the letter options. So Cool. Also the 'embedding' of stakes questions into the letters is genius (as a way of deferring situation questions onto the players). Noice.

I really that there should be a 'post-session discussion' entry into the finalised ruleset that is somewhat similar to the section in AW on Prep post Ist session. It can't be underestimated how much (in the absence of Keys or Beliefs) that the discussion with the players about what they liked / didn't like and what they want to see or do in future sessions (both descriptively and prescriptively) influence your lonely GM fun between sessions. A design brief on love letters from the DM would be awesome too (In case you don't own AW).

Love letters (or scrolls, or parchments or slate tablets) are an excellent and fun! way of tapping into that group zeitgeist whilst honouring individual player character desires, fears,strengths and weaknesses.

I think we should have a separate thread where folks can post their love letters as inspiration for others (similar to the one in Barf forth...)

Well Done! Enjoy New Zealand bru!