Marmot questions

• 7 Replies
Marmot questions
« on: September 04, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
(1) If the Marmot is in play, are all the characters assumed to be talking animals?

(2) How the heck can a Marmot get pregnant by anything that isn't a Marmot?

(3) What happens if another character changes playbooks to the Marmot?

Re: Marmot questions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 06:14:35 PM »
1) No.
2) Via the Marmot special. ^_^
3) They get the two marmot starting moves, change their special, etc. Plus maybe some clues if the MC is feeling nice about that. Like any playbook change, really.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 03:08:04 AM »
I kinda meant #2 and #3 in terms of the descriptive fiction, not the rules.

lumpley

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 10:34:52 AM »
I have descriptive fiction answers. They're still short and maybe a little flip, though!

1) Super no. No like crazy.

2) Weird, huh? Almost as though something were wrong with the world. I wonder what it is!

3) Keep everything from your old life that's part of you, like for instance the fact that you're a human being not a marmot, probably, and leave behind everything that was just part of your old life. Work out with the MC the details of which is which.

I dare somebody to do this. I totally dare you.

Chris

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 09:26:44 PM »
Wait, like a for reals marmot?
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"

lumpley

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 09:34:44 PM »
Of course! What, you thought a fake marmot?

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 10:06:33 PM »
There isn't enough surrealism like this in tabletop RPGs. That's why the culture shock.

Live the Marmot, folks.

Chris

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 10:23:42 PM »
A player of mine playing a gunlugger - "So now that I took infinite knives, I'm setting up a knife store." Me - "....what?" Him - "Yeah, I figure with no overhead, I'm gonna make a pretty nice profit." Me - "......"