Help, Interfere, and Hx

• 2 Replies
Help, Interfere, and Hx
« on: August 30, 2011, 05:11:19 PM »
Hello all, I started playing AW about a month ago, and so far it's a blast!

Now, somewhere along the way, I got the idea that you marked Hx if someone helped or interfered with you.  The Hx box on each playbook even says "help or interfere; session end."

Am I imagining/misinterpreting this?

The thing that's got me questioning how it works is that I'm scouring the book and I can't find anywhere that it states how this mechanic works.  I mean, I found entries where it says that you roll Hx to help or interfere, and I would expect there to be a sentence following that which addressed marking Hx.  Alas, there is no such sentence there, nor anywhere else that I can seem to find.

Could anyone give me a page number?  Or was all of this in my head in the first place?

Re: Help, Interfere, and Hx
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 05:44:38 PM »
You don't gain Hx for helping or interfering - but in order to help or interfere, you roll +Hx, which I believe is why the playbook mentions it there.

You may be thinking of the rule that inflicting harm on another PC causes them to gain Hx with you, and healing another PC grants you Hx with them.

Re: Help, Interfere, and Hx
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »
Ok, thanks a lot.  I was starting to question that it worked the way that I thought it did.

I guess it was that link in the Hx box "help or interfere; session end" that made me think it.

But thanks for the quick reply! :-)