Lady B + AW - two great tastes that go great together?

• 2 Replies
Lady B + AW - two great tastes that go great together?
« on: July 01, 2011, 08:02:48 AM »
A thought: might the traits + tags system from Lady Blackbird be made to work with an AW hack, in place of stats? I think it can!

Basically:
  • if you really don't have a trait that's applicable to the situation, roll-1
  • if you have a relevant trait, roll+0
  • if you have relevant tags under that trait, roll+1 for each, up to a maximum of +3

Of course this means said hack couldn't contain any of those nifty moves that let you "roll+A instead of +B when making X move", but I think I can live with that.

Likewise, I can see how this could sometimes lead to debate at the table re: "my trait is totally relevant here!" but frankly, given the oft-repeated discussion of "so I shoot him, is that go aggro or seize by force or something that just happens?", I somehow imagine debate will happen even if I use the RAW...

Re: Lady B + AW - two great tastes that go great together?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 05:54:34 PM »
Whilst it's not identical to your idea - I did make a few mini-games based on this premise: -
http://apocalypse-world.com/forums/index.php?topic=1488.0

It might give you a few ideas.

Re: Lady B + AW - two great tastes that go great together?
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 06:21:11 PM »
Pretty creative idea!

I don't think you'll have too much trouble finding character moves, but instead you'll find some really funky combinations. You can create moves like: When you <insert_basic_move> using your <insert_character_trait> trait you <bonus!!>.

Like "when you try to seize something by force using your "firestorm" trait, you act like a small gang".

Keys would also make neat moves.