[Dark Galaxy] Kicker moves

• 0 Replies
[Dark Galaxy] Kicker moves
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:53:01 AM »
The hack I'm playing with now, and writing at the same time, uses kicker moves as specials, so every playbook has one. Currently no playbook has exactly gigs or wealth as in AW, but this is intended to cover some of the same ground, helping the group set up a situation in motion and making the play hit the ground running. These are intentionally written to cross the line between player and MC authority, but I feel that works because they are used when play is not exactly in a here-and-now situation, and cover stuff that would be done with a lot of questions to the players anyway. We've only used two in play thus far, the first and second here, but the third is coming up fast. 

There are a couple of shaky points, for example "they don't rule the world" which maybe should be "they don't hold more power here than you previously thought", and the second might get a full rewrite, I'm not sure. Still, I'm curious to hear any thought about this. 

----

Inquisitor
When you enter a world in pursuit of your enemies, roll+sharp. On a strong hit, choose two, on a weak hit, choose one:
-You know where to find them
-They do not rule the world
-They do not know you are coming

Ship's Master
When you approach a world, roll+status. On a strong hit, choose two. On a weak hit, choose one:
-There are forces here that need what your domain can provide
-There is someone here that you fucked over. Take +1forward when dealing with them.
-There is someone here that fucked you over. Take +1forward when dealing with them.
On a miss, the MC chooses two:
-There are forces here that want what your domain can provide. Take -1forward when dealing with them.
-There is someone here that you fucked over. Take -1forward when dealing with them.
-There is someone here that fucked you over. Take -1forward when dealing with them.

Trooper
When, at the beginning of a session and after a bit of dowtime, you are in the middle of the action, roll+status. On a strong hit, choose three. On a weak hit, choose two:
-You have the objective in sight
-You are not pinned down
-There’s not many civilian bystanders being threatened
-Many lives have not already been lost