An Update (23/05/2011)

• 3 Replies
An Update (23/05/2011)
« on: May 23, 2011, 07:06:12 PM »
So, uh, I've not done much work on Beneath a More Auspicious Star recently. I've posted even less of that work here.

Actually, that's not *entirely* true - I have been working on my hack, just not directly. I realised that I wanted to explore how various things might interact, what interesting ways and things might be done with mechanics. Of course, Beneath a More Auspicious Star is not the right place to tinker with mechanics in that sense - it's a place where the mechanics should all be polished and sharp.

So I wrote a mini-hack called Escape from Thanatos! to see what would happen if you stripped out basic moves and replaced harm with conditions. And writing and playing it was pretty fun so I wrote a couple more.

At the moment I'm still exploring this format and still enjoying it. I've already decided to use conditions and custom moves instead of harm in BaMAS.

So I've not forgotten about this, or abandoned it, or anything like that. But progress is slow. I don't know how many of you are paying attention or still awaiting this eagerly but the game is still close to my heart and I'm still determined to make it a thing worth of play and enjoyment.

Stuart.

Ariel

Re: An Update (23/05/2011)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 01:21:46 AM »
This is an awesome method.

Keep up the awesome.

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 11:42:45 AM »
You can put me down as someone who is both paying attention and eagerly awaiting.

Ich

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 02:01:31 AM »
You've got a new fan.

I live in China and this will be great to pull some of the locals into gaming.